1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britney Spears - "Hold It Against Me".

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by brighteyes52, Jan 10, 2011.

1. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

I've always loved Brit and the way she's mixed it up over the years. There's no denying the girl has staying power, and this new single is no exception. It's obviously a dance track geared for the clubs and I can't see how this won't be a HUGE hit for her.

[YOUTUBE]AXO3uN94LZw[/YOUTUBE]

Thoughts?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her main strengths (imho) are her dancing and her ability to pick collaborators that do a good job of covering up her shortcomings. (Which, honestly, I have no idea if that's actually her doing it.) To me, Britney Spears has always been the least essential part of any Britney Spears song, other than to give it a brand name. I once posted a snippet of a song in a Britney Spears thread under the title "demo" and asked what people thought. Everybody thought it was amazing, an excellent display of her talents, and a killer new direction for her which would be a monster smash...until I pointed out that it wasn't Britney Spears. (It was a songwriter friend of mine, who hired a young female neighbor to sing a demo for him.) At which point everybody lost interest. :slight_smile:

I once said "Britney Spears is a 24 hour commercial for Britney Spears". And that's been true of her music for some time now, I think.

Lex

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love britney spear's and her music. :slight_smile: (obviously)... idk what all the comments about dubstep in the video are... I don't know what that is haha. Is this on itunes?

4. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

Dubstep is a form of electronic music with a lot of intense bass involved basically. It's used throughout the song, but from 2:12-2:24 is the best example of it. Though they deff. toned it down for her as dubstep is always crazy agressive and "grimey".

5. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Listening to it for the first time I just think it's pretty good but not great (the beat might just be a little too much for me). That being said, I didn't like Womanizer when it first came out but ended up eventually loving it, so we'll see if it grows on me some more. It's Britney, so I will definitely buy it tomorrow.

6. Harve

If you ever lived in britain you'd feel kinda alienated, just sayin.
    Anyway, i don't get her, i can think of so much better mindless pure-pop/dance pop.

7. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Just as a side note, I now have the old country song by the Bellamy Brothers "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body" Stuck in my head.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ7MZVKPfq8[/YOUTUBE]

8. Allecto

I'll pass, thank you. The only reason why Britney Spears is popular is because she has good songwriters and producers who can cover up her staggering lack of talent.

Her fifteen minutes should have been up after "Baby One More Time."

9. midwestblues

I've got to hand it to Shitney; seven albums in and she and her music are still maintaining their firm grasp on the bottom rung of the manufactured pop star ladder.

10. nickmc

Catchy, dance-club tune. Love it :grin:

11. Owl47

Out Status:
    Some people
    I like it. I learned long ago not to take this kind of music seriously and just to have fun with it. It's manufactured, but that's okay. Most entertainment(i.e. pop music) is. There IS a difference between entertainment and art. The chorus is reminiscent of the songs of her early days.

12. TheRoof

LOVE THIS SONG! It's a great party-club song! yay :grin:

13. Tim

Tim

14. Jay

Jay

The song is hideous, just like her lack live vocals. Christina FTW!!!

And for the record, there are good Britney songs, like Someday (I will understand) and Toxic.

15. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

16. Xione

Xione Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Christina is a has-been no offense, she can't sell records like Britney Spears...

even though Britney Spears went insane, and I don't know how she manage to be marketable after that, she has staying power....

maybe because of her craziness, she manage to stay current, and she might had became a hasbeen if that never happened?

Xtina been out too long from popularity. there's no comparison anymore.

Britney could be the modern Queen of pop, wasn't Madonna the queen by 1994-1995??? That's how long Britney Spears been in the market.

If she's not the queen yet, she will be in 5 yrs.

17. Beachboi92

Britney doesn't steal anything that is preposterous... to act as if she actually writes her own music or is involved in the create process outside of singing it how they say... please don't give her to much credit here >_> <_< >_>

18. Zach1992

It's not a comparison of their popularity, but of their ability. Christina actually does have a very good voice something that Britney lacks in all respects.

And Modern Queen of Pop?
    [​IMG]
    GaGa has pretty much locked that up for herself.

19. Jay

Jay

I love some of my Britney don't get me wrong. I just LOL at the people who said how "Bionic" sucked soooo bad... and then Britney releases a single going basically down the same lane of music style and they praise it as the eight wonder of the world.

And the Queen being Gaga? I sort-of agree.

20. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It reminds me of the pop electro stuff from the 90's. And that is not a compliment. I'm sorry, but the song is godly awful.

I have no doubt it will be a hit though. People have no taste anymore, plus it's Britney. Which means the song will automatically be played on the radio, and people will buy it. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops after a couple of weeks though, when people finally realize how bad it really is.