1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Extraordinary Human Mind

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dantir, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Dantir

Or maybe not, but I found this rather entertaining. And I'm sure you would too!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html

If this doesn't work for you, here's a comment I found helpful:

for those having trouble like i did, i only saw it clockwise for a long time. the way i got it was to cover up everything except the standing foot. making this simple shilloette the only focus you can logically imagine this going either way, just think about it as a left foot or a right foot (left foot goes clockwise, right foot anti clockwise). this took me a few goes and the first few times i had to have it in my peripheral vision - by looking at the text to the side, after a few goes you see it switch - breakthrough! after a few times you can switch it at will. then open up more of the picture bit by bit, if you lose it go back to just the foot again. after a while you can switch her direction totally at will, which is a relief, i can get back to work.... btw, the shadow is totally spurious, must be there to enhance the illusion, there is no possible light source that could cast that shadow and that shadow only.

Have fun!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

I saw it clockwise then anti...its really weird

3. Jim1454

That was cool! I could only see it counter-clockwise at first. but then scrolled down so just the feet were showing, and then could ONLY see it turning clockwise!

4. 24601

I only see it clockwise and can't see it any other way. Strange.

5. Rette

same here. Which is strange, since that site would claim I am right-brained because of this, where I'm definitely a left-brain type. Hmm.

6. Vampyrecat

That's really freaky.... it hurted my brain lol....
    yay for being ambidextrous...equally crap on both sides. I can see it going both ways. All I have to do is blink, and it goes the other way.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I can only see it anti-clockwise. Apparently that means I use the left side of my brain more, which from the list of left and right brain functions would make sense for me.

8. tired_of_lying411

I see clockwise right off the bat. I can switch it with blinking, though, like Vampyrecat.

And I am SO a right-brain in general. I have a drawing book all about this science, VERY intriguing.

9. pirateninja

Wow, at first I saw it clockwise, which I think is very true to my brain type, I amdefinitely more right brained than left brained, but when I concentrated it turned anti-clockwise.

10. Dantir

I've not quite managed to be able to rotate it at will, but if I hide everything except the head, and look to the left (where the text is) it starts to rotate anti-clockwise (I always saw it clockwise) and if I reveal the whole image sometimes it'll continue, else it'll just rotate back to clockwise.

It's fun! I'm gonna keep trying until I can do it at all. I'm OCD like that and I'll feel dead powerful thinking I'm telekinetic. :grin:

I @/\/\ t3h r0xx0rz.

11. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clockwise here (unlikely for me)

I can change the direction at will, by focusing on the foot.

12. I can only see it going anti-clockwise. How interesting.

13. crystaltriforce

what the hell does it mean when it keeps changeing directions?

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I think it means you use all of your brain? or theres something wrong with you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: only jokin

I thought i had powers or something, I focused to change directiosn then it did, but then i just stared at it and it changes anyway :/

15. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I dont know why but i started to look at her.. boobs :S

16. James2612

Thats strange!!
    I see it anti-clockwise,,,, but then i could change it to clockwise!!

17. Level N Human

I can make it swivel from clockwise to anti-clockwise without her ever making a full rotation. It depends on whether you interpret the extended foot as being in front or back. Initially I see it as clockwise though.

18. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I first saw it going clockwise, then after a few seconds, I can only see it going counter-clockwise.

That was really cool. :slight_smile:

19. otc877

otc877 Guest

Every time I glance back at the image it is going clockwise, which I don't know if I agree that I'm a right brained person. But, if I start to think about it, that the whole image is a silhouette and each limb is really just moving back and forth on a 2d scale I can start to see it go counter-clockwise, but if I blink it will go back to clockwise...

I've seen this before, but this is the first time I've been able to switch the directions.

20. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Yep same here I did this before and it worked, maybe I just thought about it???