1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sailor Neptune

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RAJ Aladdin, Jan 11, 2011.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Question;

It actually kinda kept me up at night last night-

I've been a fan of Sailor Moon since I was a kid but I am in no way hardcore. I was thinking about my favourite Sailor Scout, Sailor Mercury, and her powers.

Amy is the Sailor Scout of Water and has the ability to control all aspects of water (ice, bubble, mist, fog, frost, snow, etc.)

But...

How come Sailor Neptune is the Sailor Scout of Ocean...

What the heck is up with that?

Can a hardcore Sailor Moon fan explain?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I remember reading about the difference before but what I noticed is that Sailor Mercury's powers end up being more ice based and Sailor Neptunes more water based. Like I remember later in the series Sailor Mercury uses shine aqua illusion or whatever and it starts out as watery but turns into icicles. Or something like that. I don't think I'm explaining it all that well.

3. Hotspot

My friend was talking about the sailor scouts a while ago, basically every scout is based off of a greek god and or goddess (or a god of some kind).

An example is Sailor Mars, who was based off the roman god of war "Mars". So I would assume that fire and war are similar, there does tend to be fire in war.
    Venus was the goddess of love and beauty, so Sailor Venus's attacks mostly have the word love or something about love as the name of her attacks; I think there are even some hearts in her attacks if I recall.
    Sailor Neptune is based off of Neptune, the god of the sea; so her powers are based off of the sea.

The god Mercury was a messenger, people use water to put boats on to send things to one place to another; so you could say that is one way of looking at it.
    Mercury was one who sent people to hades, in one lore hades was not hot and fiery; but in fact cold and frigid. Which could relate with some of Sailor Mercury's ice attacks.

4. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You guys all have valid opinions but what annoys me is that there are two water-based Scouts...LOL

5. Tim

Tim

Jupiter's element was "Wood" and Venus' element was "Metal" in reality. (At least that's what the creator said in an interview)

Even though most of their attacks are based on Thunder and Love.

In a way, Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus are both Love based, if you're someone who believes Venus is Love.