1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dante's Cove Season 3: the absence of Van or replacement of Nadeine for the character

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LowestVocal017, Oct 14, 2007.

1. LowestVocal017

Is anyone excited about Dante's Cove Season 3 coming out? Haha, well actually, how about making this thread for ONLY those who are, because I realized that if I asked that question as an inclusion in the discussion, the whole discussion might soon become why you guys are or aren't excited about Season 3, and that specific discussion is not why I started this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The reason I started this thread about Dante's Cove, Season Three was to talk about Van, who is played by Nadeine Heimman (at least in the first two Seasons). I just wanted to say, I'm extremely disappointed about the disappearance of the character from Season Three! While I understand Nadeine Heimman, as it was rumored, went to work on something else, Van was as important as Hermione was important in the Harry Potter series. It's almost like they're creating a new series using ALMOST every one of the same characters.

There has also been a different rumor that they still have the character of Van in the season but she is being played by someone different. If that's the case, then I'd REALLY have a problem, one bigger than if Van was simply gone from the Season! Steven Amel being replaced by Jon Flemming for the character of Adam may have been a bit disappointing also, but that was no big deal. A new actor for VAN, however, is a completely different story. It's almost like replacing the actors of the main characters of Harry Potter. If someone replaced Emma Watson for Hermione or Dan Radcliffe for Harry, that would just ruin everything (for me), as it would for Dante's Cove! This is because it's not just the storyline that brings the series Dante's Cove to life: it's the specific actors. THEY bring the characters (and indeed, the episodes themselves) to life. While the storyline characters may still be there, when they are played by a different actor than the original, it's like the character is not the same character at all. It's even worse, though, when it's the main characters. I was a little disappointed about Jill replacing Erin Cummings for the role of Michelle, but like Jon Flemming replacing Adam Amel, I can let THAT go. If someone replaced Nadeine for the role of Van, however, I cannot let that go.

How do you guys feel? Are you guys too disappointed about Van's leave? All I can say is, in the storyline, they better present her absense with a good reason as to why if she really is going to be gone from Season 3. And please let it not be death! I'll never be able to get over it if so :icon_sad:

2. Joe south coast

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Dante's Cove Season 3: the absence of Van or replacement of Nadeine for the chara

Hey!

let me just say i have been watching this show ever since it came out in Australia and toataly love it. If the rumer is true about Van leaveing the show or being replaced, in season 3 i will not be happy, the show is not the same with out her in it and if she is gone that would realy realy suck! As i saw last week she was in it at the start then that was it!

If anyone agrees with me please write back and give us feed back about how you feel with out van in the show!

3. KittyBoy

Re: Dante's Cove Season 3: the absence of Van or replacement of Nadeine for the chara

They killed off Van's character, aparently. Like they did with Marco.