1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen American Idiot the Musical?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheRoof, Jan 18, 2011.

1. TheRoof

I went to NYC this past weekend and watched American Idiot in Broadway.
    It was really really fantastic show, and I was surprised how much I liked greenday's music because I've never really been a fan of rock music, but it was really good. The stage design was amazing, actors were fantastic and the show had this incredible energy to it. I LOVED IT!
    Wondering if anyone saw the show? I definitely recommend it if anyone is planning to go see a show in Broadway!!!

2. Allecto

I've never seen it and I have no desire to. Green Day used to be good, though.

3. s5m1

It was incredible! I was really surprised at how moving the show was at times.

4. Emberstone

they made a musical about Snookie?

5. Zach1992

I really do not care the music & their Tony performance put me off even further. The current stunt casting of Billie Joe Armstrong and response to it really clarifies that this show's audience wants to see GREEN DAY, not American Idiot.

BTW, Melissa Ethridge takes over the role for a week starting Feb 1.

6. TheRoof

I totally agree. I really want to see it again if possible. I especially liked John Gallagher (johnny) and Michael Esper (Will). of course the whole cast was stunningly good imo.

LOL

Hmm I personally loved the show :slight_smile:
    I thought their tony performance was decent, although it cannot compare at all to watching the entire musical.
    I think Billie Joe doing St.Jimmy is showing a great support for the musical. I'm just kind of surprised AI is not a superhit (not that it's a flop either), because to me, it has all the potentials to it. I'm hoping more people will go see it bc it's an awesome show :grin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6N8xLbUVaA[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYX7EQSg4sw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1RKr4pWOqs[/YOUTUBE]

7. Allecto

You win the thread. :lol:

8. Zach1992

Actually it probably will end up a flop. If Melissa Etheridge doesn't increase sales during her trial week with the show then the show will probably close with Armstrong's final performance and they'll still be in the red.

9. TheRoof

well if that happens, that's a shame, because it's a great show, and as I can't visit nyc very often, i was hoping it would play for a long long time so I can go see it again

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2011 at 09:44 PM ----------

oh also i've heard that there is a talk about making AI film.
    which personally i think it will be terrible, considering how musical-turned-movies suck, like Rent or the Phantom.
    I'd much rather they make a live broadway DVD like they did with Rent so I can keep it forever with me lol

10. Zach1992

Um... Chicago, Cabaret, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Hairspray, Mamma Mia, etc..

11. TheRoof

i liked mamma mia. hairspray was okay. i have yet to see cabaret and chicago. i want to see chicago on broadway though.

12. thevre

no... saw gd live last summer though (with AFI OPENING haha), they were pretty good... pretty long ass show though lol