1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashionistas!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by QuantumBoi, Jan 19, 2011.

1. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fashion has long been a strong side interest of mine. A huge component of fashion is...color. What is everyone's favorite color, or color combination? Also, post/link photos of beautiful/intriguing/etc. outfits or clothing that catches your attention.
    Any other fashion-related chatter is also welcome. ^_^

My favorite color would probably be a dark purple. I suppose it is rather common in today's world, with its connection to homosexuality and modern fashion, though. Another favorite (and modern) color is cyan, particularly turquoise. Dark, neutral colors tend to do well on me, though.

2. Artemicion

Black and white :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and its hard to make it go well together without looking out of fashion ;P

Aside from colour, i tend to notice more about the fabric qualities these days...like what it's made out of, what kind of reflectivity does it have, visual texture etc. I like to find strange more unique ones :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. Black and white is certainly a difficult combination to pull off, especially with textures. When put together, they can easily be way too exhausting on the eyes.

I think loosely about fabrics, but they are more difficult to think about mentally. You have to feel and see it in real life. I suppose it involves a lot of detail for the mind to recompose compared to color. Men's fashion is relatively limited anyhow, especially when I have such a teeny repertoire of clothes. Haha. It is unfortunate.

4. Ridiculous

Blue is my favourite for clothes, atleast on me. Sky blue or lighter looks the best I think, darker versions like navy blue aren't so good though (unless it is on jeans).

Other than dark-blue jeans, I never really think colour looks very good on legwear. Legwear is always black, grey, or white/creamish for me, unless it is a very dark colour like green or blue. I quite like basic patterns on shorts too, like thin lines or little squares that you can only distinguish from close distances.

Also: stop making clothes with elasticated waistbands people! The only thing that should have elastic in it is underwear, hats and laceless shoes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

5. alpha

if its comfy and fits me, i wear it.
    fashion aint my thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. maverick

I love fashion, and my favorite color is charcoal gray. As far as other colors go, I'm really big into the earth tones or dark colors like garnet or forest green. I'm a hippy kid, so I love natural fabrics (hemp, cotton, etc...) and tie-dye techniques too.

[​IMG]

^ I love this look, and any Mad Max or otherwise postapocalyptic/steampunk fashion.

And I think steampunk in general is awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. partietraumatic

I love anything with colour. I don't like outfits that are all browns, blacks and greys. I love pastel colours in particular. I'm also rather fond of coloured jeans.

As for my style i wouldn't say I'm a fashionista, but i think I dress ok. I know what I like and what looks good on me. I guess my style is generally smart-casual (nice jeans, polo shirts, good jackets and coats etc), with the odd bit of indie/gay clothing chucked in occasionally for good measure (coloured jeans, lots of pink, skinny jeans, quirky shoes). It seems to work for me :slight_smile:

I also look rather good in a suit, if i do say so myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Lotty

I really like black, white and blood-red. Especially combined. My room is black white and red. I love it. It's rage, love, innocence, life and death in once.
    I also like dark-purple combined with black. Everything combined with black, actually. Well, mostly.
    I love silver too, and I hate gold.

And if you want to know my style:
    T-shirt or sweater
    Jeans (skinny, straight, baggy, doesn't matter)
    Jacket
    Sneakers

It's so simple

9. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Blue is a nice color, especially if you get the right tint/shade of it. Navy blue is a very neutral color, so it goes with essentially everything. On the other hand, it really can make things drab if you use neutrals too much. With jeans, I don't particularly like regular blue. I love the real deep-dyed blue jeans.

I also love white/creamish, particularly jeans. However they're so much harder to find. I have one pair of white-ish (work) jeans, but they wore out a bit and have holes. One of my regular outfits used to be those jeans with a white dress shirt. I was told that I looked like Jesus or something. Perhaps not me, but all the white I had on me was blinding. Haha.

It is my belief that anyone is at least a bit fashionable, even subconsciously. We think about colors and textures on a sublime, intrinsic level. Appearance affects everything, including decisions and thoughts. Of course some are more focused on it than others. Haha. Casual and comfortable is nice, though.

Steampunk is so out there. It intrigues me, but I wouldn't personally wear it out on a typical day. I've never heard of Mad Max. I'll have to look into it a little.
    Nice images, btw. =]

That is essentially my style as well, though my wardrobe is a bit limited. Haha. Much of my wardrobe is dress shirts. I tend to like a variety of dress shirts, from the plain white or black, to a forest green and dark blue mix, to bright green or pink. I have only a couple polo shirts, but I need to get more. Perhaps my favorite outfit from my closet: my hot pink dress shirt over my purple-blue polo shirt and dark blue jeans.

Men's fashion tends to be much less accessorized. However, if I feel the need, I'll wear my white tie, black tie, or navy blue/gray fleece scarf appropriately. I have worn my ties like scarves, and my scarf as a tie. I feel it adds a bit of uniqueness to it. That or it is stupid. I suppose it is subjective. Haha.

Haha. I love the dark, yet light style. Simple "colors" like black or white with an added "pop" of color. Nice and comfortable choice of clothing. I wear a sort of "formal casual" style.

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like wearing pajamas. And, shoot me now, sweatpants. Yeah, I said it. But I never wear them outside the house, as I do care somewhat about what people think of the way I look. I hate wearing jeans though; they just feel wrong to me.

I'm in something of a fashion limbo at the moment. I'm trying to reinvent myself, and my style along with me. I still wear most of the clothes I wore back when I was 15-16 (I was really fat then, so since I've lost all that weight most of my old clothes still fit me) and back then I just wore whatever.

My favorite color to wear is black. It's simple and easy to throw something together when I'm getting dressed. I also like wearing sweaters (not like Bill Cosby, more like Nate Berkus) and scarves.

So basically I am a failure of a fashionista, but I don't care. I wear what I want, but do try to look nice. And once I finally get my style together, hopefully I'll have a little more confidence.

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I like red/black/grey/green

I like these style of clothing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I can't get these.. coz they don't suit me..:tears: If only were taller..

12. maverick

^ LOVE the collars and cowls on those shirts. *heart*

13. Allecto

I'm really into Japanese street fashion, especially Gothic Lolita.

My current style icons are Bjork, Roisin Murphy, and the women in pre-Raphaelite paintings.

14. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am terrible at knowing what clothes suit me.

Help me somebody!? :eek:

Yellow used to be my favourite colour. Now its maybe green or red or something? *headdesk*

15. Ridiculous

Wow yeah, they are really awesome. I want one of these.

16. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I understand wanting to be comfortable around the house. How do jeans feel weird, if I may ask? I'm at a sort of fashion limbo as well. I never particularly paid attention to fashion until more recently. When I was younger, I didn't go to clothing stores or keep an eye out for opportunities. I didn't think like "Okay, I love this color and texture. This...not so much." I don't think you're a failure, though. Fashion isn't ONLY about the mainstream. It is about every individual's experiences with clothing. It is about what each person seems attracted toward.

I absolutely love the style in those clothes. Very neutral colors. Very clean cut. Unique twists without "pushing the envelope" too much. I can really see the Asian touch in them. I agree with maverick about the cowls and collars. These jackets were constructed fabulously overall.
    The only downside to me personally is the blandness. Color-wise, there isn't anything particularly eye-catching here. Yes, I understand jackets should ideally go with anything, hence neutral is so common with them. However, I love to see a bit of saturation in outerwear once in a while.
    I'll also give my own opinion on each individual.

On a side note, I noticed they're from Wizi Korean. Korean is a fourth of my heritage, woot! I'm a second generation Korean...about 3/4 American, 1/4 Korean. ^_^

The arrow-shaped design of checkered red and black have an interesting effect. Nice hoodies, though I'm not in love with them.

A wonderful material. It gives the jackets a nice, slight sheen. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like a cotton-polyester blend. So I'm sure it is comfortable regardless of weather. The black-white stripes lined on the edges are a nice touch. The two square, buttonless front pockets almost blend into the jacket. So they don't stick out, which is good with jackets such as these. Of the 4 colors, I love the "Wine" and "White." I love the belt they chose to compliment them as well.

The pinpoint eye-catcher with this one is of course the asymmetry. This is particularly shown in the diagonal zipper with button straps. Then of course there is the cowl neck collar. The inside has a very popping fabric. Of the 4 styles, I believe this jacket would turn the most heads as far as unique design.

Another nice cowl neck. The seams in this style are very solid. I like the circular seams around the neck and on the cowl. Then the bottom and sleeves have a similar feature. The accented wrinkles give it that casual appearance. Very nice detail touches. The string for the collar isn't as impressive for me, though. I cannot see it in detail, but it appears rather low quality. I would be cautious about frilling over time if the ends have nothing to prevent it.

Aww. (*hug*) I know an old schoolmate from high school who was really tall. I'm sure it makes it difficult trying to find clothes, particularly tops.

Nice. Bjork is a very unique style. A few of her outfits remind me of Utada Hikaru's Sakura Drops music video. Very bizarre in an intriguing way, even otherworldly. Very colorful and flamboyant.

Haha. Aww. I would help you. ;p *ahem*
    Well, it is mostly about just what you like personally. You have to constantly look for what catches your own eye. Then get those styles and colors that you really like over time. The thing is whatever you wear regularly is what suits you. Story time:

One time a close friend and I were walking downtown. We went into Urban Outfitters. I found a scarf that was very nice. The colors were neutral, all gray and black and such. My friend said it would look amazing on me. My friend said she could not see me wearing pink...or blue...I told her that I'll start wearing more pink so she CAN picture me in more colors. Haha. Point: your self, your style, is basically just what you like to wear. It isn't something anyone else can tell you.

17. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  18. I hear that loud and clear. I care so little it's bordering on fashion challenged. It drive my best (girl) friend insane.

Though, I do like wearing color, I'm bad at figuring out what "goes together" so I wear a lot of clothes that are comfortable and have lots of deep saturated colors. It ends up looking strange and eclectic sometimes, but it's either that or t-shirt and jeans.

19. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As for jeans I just don't like wearing them. Most likely because I always sit cross-legged, and when I try to do so in jeans they bunch up and get all weird. I've never liked wearing them, even when I was a kid. I'm not against trying them on though, but I've never been able to find a pair that fits me properly. It's very frustrating, so I just avoid them.

For a while (mostly during my heavier days, but also when I was homeschooled, thus not having to get dressed every single day) I only wore athletic pants (which seems to be a contradiction in terms, as I sat around all day :lol: ) So I think that if I had actually paid more attention to what I looked like then I may not be in such a deep fashion rut now - although I think it may also be because I am trying to change more about myself than just my clothes.

And thanks, you know, for not thinking I'm a failure just because I'm one of the few homosexual men out there who is all but incapable of dressing himself. xD

20. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, purple is a very attractive color in perhaps every situation, depending on how you use it. It is very popular among women fashion, especially combined with black. It is also found in gay men's wear, too. By no means do I mean every gay male wears purple, or that no straight males wear purple. What I do mean is that I believe there's a noticeable correlation between purple and homosexuality. Purple is perhaps the most recognized "gay" color.

I like the outfit, but I don't love it. There is too much saturated red popping out from the sea of camel. Just because there is red in it doesn't mean it says "romantic" in my opinion.

Haha. Well try going more for analogous colors, with maybe a pop of a tinted/shaded complementary.

Ah. I could see how jeans might bunch up when you sit cross-legged. Not paying attention to fashion definitely leaves you unsure what you like in clothes. It is like not paying attention to the roads when you're young, which was my case. When you're older, you might have more issues with directions and such.

Haha. You're welcome. You're certainly not alone, though. There are more homosexual men out there who are "incapable of dressing [themselves]" than you would think at first. I'm sure you'll get better at it over time.