1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are your favorite musicians?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Matt, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt Guest

Mine are Diana Ross and those other girls (oh yeah...The Supremes), Joss Stone, Otis Redding, The Temptations, Bach, Mozart, Sarah McLachlan, Missy Elliott, Janet Jackson, Keb' Mo', Peggy Lee, Perry Como, Scott Joplin, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, The Drifters.

Who are yours?

2. ahunt83

Don McLain as i think American Pie is one of the best songs of all time, Tina Turner, Bon Jovi and Meat Loaf round up old rock. Listening to more recent music i find i prefer bands like The Killers and The Bravery. All time fav... umm i'd have to say Pete Doherty (ex member of the Libertines).

3. Aaron

Aaron Guest

YES! Oh my goodness, Don McLean is excellent (and so is American Pie). I also like Great Big Sea, Beatles, Billy Joel, Jack Johnson, Arrogant Worms, Trooper, Queen, Finger Eleven...I guess those are more of groups than specific people, but o well...

4. Quasar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Leonard Cohen, George Michael, Elton John, The Killers, Kasabian, Keane, Morrissey, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Faure and I have to agree with Matt and include Bach and Diana Ross. And just to prove what a great big 'dancing-my-tits-off-nellie' I am..........
    ABBA!!!

5. goratrix

Well, it depends on the day. Although lately I've been listening a lot to Eagles specially songs like love will keep us alive. Quiet nice when you are in a depression like me, and when most of that depression is because of a guy. So... now I listen to that kind of musinc. But usually Voltaire or Metallica.

6. GenericSR

Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, The Offspring, Violent Femmes, Toadies, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Rasputina, Dresden Dolls, B'z (they're J-Rock), Beethoven (do composers count?), and A Perfect Circle. Plus a few random songs here and there from other guys.

7. Mad Markie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    mins is ABB A too and Pet shop boys too :slight_smile:

8. okstatecowboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a Diva boy myself -Madonna, Janet, Tina, Patti, Elton, and the list goes on... If you need a last name, you're not a diva.

mikey
    -And yes, my friends from college would consider me a Diva, or a word that rhymes with witch... But then again, aren't they one and the same????

:icon_roll

9. popboy

Roxette (Swedish pop at its best), Savage Garden, Lisa Loeb, Dido, Madonna, Evanescence, Pet Shop Boys, Melanie C, Darren Hayes (Savage Garden's singer, his voice is amazing), and a lot of music from the eighties (I find it quite funny, in any sense of the word :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).
    Oh well... now you now the reason that inspired my nickname.
    Depending on my mood I can listen to some other groups... The Rasmus, The Cure, Green Day... or go back to pop with Celine Dion, Lara Fabian or Marie Fredriksson (swedish singer). When I'm down I usually don't want music to cheer me up, that's probably why I always have pop ballads ready to play in my Winamp! :grin:

10. popboy

Keane is also great. I'm listening their CD right now. Highly commended.

11. Phenobarbidol

i love so much music. The Blood Brothers, Le Tigre, Blondie, Marilyn Manson, Walls of Jerricho, The Cure, Interpol, Scarling, Hanzel Und Gretyl, The Dresden Dolls, Nine Inch Nails, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cyndi Lauper, Mindless Self Indulgence, Siouxsie and The Banshees, My Chemical Romance, and System of A Down.

12. d00d

Yay, music, my life.

I love (or tolerate) all genres except rap, unless there's a serious bass line.

As for artists... at the top is Dave Matthews, a true musical genius and amazing person.

But my real passion lays in hard rock, and all forms of metal. Heavier the better baby! Too tired now to list specific artists... maybe later.

13. d00d

YES, a mindless self indulgence fan! My favourite line, "All I wanted was a pepsi!" They're fun stuff to listen to.

14. Phenobarbidol

they're great. they make me want to dance... a lot.

15. Jordano

I dunno about any of you, but Josh Groban makes me melt - I love his music! Plus he's hott hott hott!! He's yummy and he can sing!

Oh, I'm also a Diva man myself - but generally I like almost anything...

16. lucky516

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greenday is good.

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Martha Argerich, Sting, Ravi Shankar (and his daughters Anoushka Shankar and Norah Jones), James Taylor, Itzhak Perlman, Philip Glass, Dionne Warwick

18. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Some of my favorite bands/artists are Machine Gun Kelly, OM&M, BMTH, Marilyn Manson, Poison, Suicide Silence, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Fall Out Boy and Green Day to name a few.

19. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nirvana, Joan Jett, Marilyn Manson, R.E.M., Aerosmith, Arctic Monkeys, ABBA, Boney M, Bob Marley, Eminem, Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, Kings of Leon, Lana Del Rey, Michael Jackson, MIKA, OneRepublic, Queen, Scorpions, Smokie, Stevie Nicks, The Beatles...

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Pretty sure this is going to get shut down, due to the last post, before today, being from 2005.