1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So apparently Blaine IS the bisexual person on Glee...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chip, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got this press release this morning. Interesting that Ryan Murphy sounds like he's essentially saying that Kurt and Blaine will, in fact, get together :slight_smile:

2. Emberstone

Karofsky needs kurt more than kurt needs blaine.

We were told kurts boyfriend would be a football player, and that they would become a powercouple.

In the end, it is less meaningful for kurt to go with blaine, because in blaine, we already see someone who is fully out and proud, and in blaine, kurt basically hero worships.

We know that kurt is going to have to return to mckinnly at some point, and that means he has to face the karofsky issue head on. it would be more meaningful for kurt to help dave than for him to date blaine.

I like the blaine bisexuality subplot possiblity though. bisexuality, even within the gay community, is treated with a degree of skepticisem. it should be openly addressed, because sometimes it seems even within the gay community we are actively discriminating against bi people. I have bi friends, and also gay friends who thinks bisexuality is bunk.

Kurt helping karofsky to cope with his sexuality is a far better message to send... plus, new direction needs kurt back. it seems that since he left, more fighting is breaking out, and divisions are forming that just are no good for the group. Kurt, sometimes selfish, was still often a voice of reason.

3. maverick

I completely agree with this.

4. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with all the above. In particular, I think it would be amazing for Karofsky's character to come out and struggle through all of that, and end up with Kurt.

Keep in mind, though, that Ryan Murphy has already said that Sam was hired to be Kurt's new love interest, but when they observed the real chemistry between he and Quinn (as people, not as the roles they played) they shifted and decided to do something different for Kurt's character. So that may be the football player they were talking about. Or they could have faked us out with Sam and have been planning the Karofsky thing all along. I love how they're just letting the series develop organically, without a season-long story arc that's established and unchanging.

5. Yes.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm excited. He's smoking, so having him be bi would only fan the flames (no pun intended) of his hotness.

And, as mentioned, bisexuality isn't exactly treated with much respect in the real world, so maybe this will help.

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a big Blaine fan. I think he'll be a mentor to Kurt for now but will eventually hurt him... maybe with this.
    I want this Karofsky material now. Partly for the plot development but mostly because I loves me some Max Adler.

8. Paper Heart

I don't see why Kurt can't be with Blaine and support Karofsky. I've learned that you don't need to date someone to help them. I mean, I'm for the whole bisexuality subplot, although it makes my Klaine heart break, because it is a big subject.

Also why don't we just knock the silliness factor off of Brittana? There's already one bisexual character (Brittany moreso than Santana), so why not work off of that?

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was talking about this with the bf last night, and he just believes what's going to happen is that Blaine is going to do something stupid (similar to what he did with the clothing store guy) that will cause Kurt to return to New Directions. He will then come upon Karofsky and something will transpire between the two leading to the relationship.

10. Aya McCabre

It would be better from a political standpoint to have a male bisexual character. The perception is that bi females are sluts (and a bi cheerleader isn't going to change that) and bi males don't exist..... that one might change is there are more male bi characters around.

11. browneyedboy

i so hope kurt and karofsky DONT happen , as we know kurt hates karofsky and he isnt into karofsky at all. i think it would be wrong to make them a couple when so much has happened between them, i think it kinda sends message the well its okay to be closeted and violent because in the end dont worry youll still get the guy youve been bullying and secretly crushing on, eventhough he's not into you. Just because theyre both gay doesnt mean they have to be into each other. I hope this just leads to more openly gay or bi characters rather than playing pass arounds with the 3 of them.

12. Paper Heart

[​IMG]

13. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, but how many movies are there out there where two people HATE each other and then eventually fall in love? :slight_smile:
    Given the sensitivity that Ryan Murphy and his team have shown thus far in the handling of these sort of issues, I would think that if they choose to go this route, they'll handle it in a way that condems the violence and addresses the issues in a positive way.

But... who knows what they'll come up with? Maybe an entirely new Mr. Right will appear... or maybe Finn will discover he's bisexual... or who knows what? :slight_smile:

14. Beachboi92

i just had a revelation....

Karofsky joins glee, kurt returns to new directions, quinn and sam break up over the quinn fin drama
    Sam ends up being bi or gay and gets with kurt and then karofsky gets jealous and shenanigans ensue... :grin: that would be some killer twists imo

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2011 at 06:55 PM ----------

but then again i've also been praying for gay sam since the beginning xD

15. Paper Heart

I've been hoping for a gay Sam just so he'll actually get character development. And how often do the couples that hate each other have one party threaten to kill the other? I'm sorry but I feel like Kurt is better off in a relationship with Blaine. It's a lot healthier than Kurtofsky. Don't get me wrong, I want Kurt and Dave to be friends, but I oppose them being a couple. Besides, Karofsky is far too volatile to be in a relationship with any one at this point in his life. He tries to attack anyone that insinuates he may be gay. Try having him deal with the harrassment that people gave Kurt (its not just Dave and Azimio), i.e. calling his dad to tell him that his son's a fag. Dave is just way to emotional to be in a relationship.