1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J.K. Rowling outs Hogwarts character

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AzThRg0, Oct 19, 2007.

1. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  2. justjoshoh

I have not read the series, so I am working on limited knowledge. Although, it seems like an unnecessary comment, considering that the series concluded with the book that was most recently published. I can't tell if the statement of his sexuality plays an important part of the back story, though I would think it played little or no part, since she brings it up after the series concluded.

3. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

lol! I don't know why she would 'out' him what relevance does it have to the story? I don't understand? did she just randomly make that up?

4. neverover

dumbledore and severus... omg, the image they having sex together is keep stayin on my mind...YUCK!

5. waitingsucks

HAHA I'ts pretty funny that there is the whole other side/message in her books. I wonder how the movies will cover this.

6. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Just like us old guys, old wizards need sex also, I guess.

7. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is just so bazar, I guess that any1 who would get upset about this is already upset about the series anyway. All i can think of is its a way to get some attention now the series is finished. I was weird out at 1st but i quickly come to accept it. Well they better make young Dumbledore hot in the seventh film.

8. TeeBe

Wow. I loved Rowling before. Now I love her more! I have share this! (Goes and calls all of her nerdy Potter-loving university friends across the country...)

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Lol TeeBe, that's funny.

Well that was a shock, I never thought it would be Dumbledore.
    I thought (maybe even wished) it was Malfoy :rolleyes:

But, why Dumbledore?

:confused:

10. neverover

oh, i didnt mean to offend old ppl. i just a lil bit shock of it. i matched albus with snape, is not bcos they were old or nething. its just bcos albus seems like to defend snape. but i didnt mean to offend neone here. sorry if i looked so. sorry...
    Raam

11. Jerr

Ok... wasn't surprised... It was something I thought was made clear but wasn't flaunted.

12. Bryan90

By far, I have not seen a more futile attempt to attract gay readers!

I stopped at the fifth book after I lost interest in escapist fantasy, but yeah.. what the hell, she just intrigued me with this "Dumbledore is gay" episode. Bah!

13. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

How progressive of J.K. Rowling....I'm glad she called out extremist Christians for what they really are: haters.

14. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Agree with Perry....you haters! >=[
    I thought that mayb Malf0oy could be with his little buddies but Dumbledore 0.O! i thought he was just old >< But kudos to J.K. Rowling she rocks!

15. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

I wasn't offended. Just wanted to make sure that you know that quite a few of us OLDER guys DO have SEX, even if only 4 or 5 times a week.... Wizards are people too.

I only read 1-4 even though I have book 5 - for some reason I lost interest. The same with the movies I saw 1-3 but thats it.

#15 gabriel1, Oct 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  16. step49x

Someone mentioned this to me online, a few hours ago. I don't think I had ever thought about that, before. I thought it was interesting, but didn't think about it more than that. If I do go and read the books again, I'll probably keep an eye out to see if she gives any clues of that, anywhere.

I really liked the books, but wasn't that fond of the movies (i think i've seen up to the third one).

17. Bryan

I am not shocked, but happy. Having a hero and leader be gay may set an example for younger kids that read the book that homosexuality is ok. Gotta love JK ROwling

18. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

interesting

19. BeautifulStranger

It sorta does and doesn't...

Like the reason why he get so depressed about his past is because he killed the man he loved. And the only movie relevence is because in the filming of the next one, they mention something about a girl he liked. But J. K. Rowling talked to the director and had the scene fixed.

20. Jerr

He didn't kill him, if I remember right, he won the battle but he didn't kill him, Voldemort kills him because he won't tell him where the wand is.