1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your fav book series! :p

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Witchcraft, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

What's your fav book series!

My fav book series is "The Hunger Games" series, I absolutely love the bookz ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That wuz the first time I ever read 3 books in a total of 9 dayz, I was like glued to the books and would be reading them the whole day!!! I originally read them as part of my ISU for my english class and at first found it kinda boring( I'm talking about the first book) few pages later, I was addicted! and was probably the first to finish reading it where as other students took two months to finish the first book ROFL!

What is you favourite book series? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, by Stephen Donaldson.

3. I loved the Hunger Games trilogy! I read one each day for three days!

My favorite would have to be the Kushiel's Legacy books by Jacqueline Carey. Closely followed by a tie between Harry Potter and the first Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier.

4. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Omg Wowz! 0_0 1 book per day like you must have scanner eyes!
    Lol I <3 the harry potter movies but have never read the bookz :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

Soundz intresting! 0_0 Like it haz the word chronicles in it, It might be like Narnia lol

5. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I love love love love love The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams.
    I was really disappointed by ...And Another Thing by Eion Colfer. *cries* I think I died a little inside. :frowning2:

I also like the Harry Potter series.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, a LITTLE darker and heavier than that =P

it's about an author with a family who contracts hansen's disease (leprosy) out of the blue and is abandoned by his wife and shunned by his entire township. He's not the most heroic hero you will ever read about...

#6 Pseudojim, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Even better! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was your age when i first liked it. It took three tries... I had read it twice, once at 12 and once at 14, and didn't enjoy it a great deal either time, i think i was too young to properly understand it. I gave it another shot at 16 and absolutely fell in love with it.

it's certainly an adult book.

[edit]

and by "it", i mean the entire first trilogy, a couple of thousand pages worth. There are 9 books all together, i think Stephen is finishing off the 9th as we speak

9. TraceElement

Harry Potter FTW. And I like the Kay Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell, but I feel like they aren't a "true" series in the typical sence.

10. Emberstone

On the basis of story and characterization, hands down it is Harry Potter.

But I do also love the percy jackson series, including the heroes of olympus and kane chronicle series also by rick riordan, though harry potter still beats them out.

I used to be a fan of the 39 clues (childrens and young adult literature is my emphasis for my literature and creative writing classes right now, and has always been a fav passion of mine), but my interest petered out on those by book eight, when I just couldnt be bothered, even though they are like 160-230 pages each... I just dont think it was sustained very well, and then apperent the end of the first ten was just the first series in a many series group of series... and I lost faith in it.

I know it isent a series, but I love the historical fiction of Linda Crew. "A Heart for Any Fate" is the best oregon trail book I have ever read, because she refuses to romantacise the journey, and shows a more realistic reality for the oregon trail journey. Lovisa also is a great main character, and I have visited the actual grave of Lovisa, which was surreal, because I really wanted to know what she would have thought of someone visiting her grave because of a fictionalized version of her trip. it is a facisnating book.

11. ANightDude

I really need to try to find another that I can get into. But my current favorites are:

Harry Potter (duh), and Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. :slight_smile:

12. RedKnight

"Mortal Engines" series by Philip Reeve which Peter Jackson is expect to make into movies or "Demonata" series by Darren Shan.

13. Beachboi92

Edge Chronicles (just amazing, favorite books when i was younger)
    Dragonwell series (i think that is what it's called)
    Bartamaus trilogy (amazing books, just awesome)
    Harry Potter
    Vampire Series (interview with a vampire and all that, just started it and i like it a lot)

14. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

OMG! Vampires 0_0, That is so going on my list of thingz to read!

15. Beachboi92

i think it is by anne rice, it is really well written and really interesting. The first movie is great to but queen of the damned sucked balls. But in the movie interview with a vampire kirstin dunce is a little girl and plays the best psycho little vampire child ever xD

16. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

OMG I think I watched that movie! but I don't think I ever finished it :frowning2:

17. kettlkorn

Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso by Dante Alighieri

18. Shevanel

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. For sho.

19. RedKnight

How did I forget about that series, loved them :slight_smile:

20. Aya McCabre

Discworld! Not the newer ones so much but classic Terry Pratchett is awesome. He's awesome in person too. <3
    Also some of Sheri S Tepper's books. Not a series as such.... they were never marketed as a series but they follow on from each other....sort of. They're on different worlds and the stoies are centuries apart from each other but the history is sequential and there are recurring characters. So I'm gunna call it a series. I believe the sequence is Grass -> Raising the Stones -> Sideshow.