1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my first iPod this weekend. (And it's a Touch!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by maverick, Feb 22, 2011.

1. maverick

Words cannot describe my happiness. Apple, where have you been all my life? *heart*

Who else loves their iPod like air? :grin:

I've got to watch myself on buying apps though, I can see where people could spend a buuuuunch of money that way over time.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want an iTouch so badly!
    There are so many apps my friends show me that are so much fun...
    And here I am with my little ol' Zune...

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My iPod is just that - an iPod classic. Music only. I've rented a couple movies on it (to watch on plane flights) but it's almost exclusively a music storage device. I also have not one but TWO docks at home. One for the front of the house, and the other for both my bedroom and the bathroom. I listen to uptempo stuff with headphones while working out, then switch over to more downtempo stuff, plug it in, and take a shower. Love the thing, and love creating playlists for it.

Lex

4. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I still have my iPod Video (30 gb) and I love it more than anything. (*hugs*) iPod. I'd like to get a Touch some day but for now I'm more than happy with the one I have. I've put it through hell and back and it still works (except for the headphone jack, I need to replace it soon =\).

5. lostinthought9

Yay! :grin:

I just got my iPod Touch for Christmas, and I love it! Although, iTunes gave me hell at the beginning, haha.

6. maverick

Me too, I'm obsessed with playlists. I set one up for almost every piece of fiction I write. At least I know if I ever get a movie deal on a novel, I'll have upfront suggestions for a soundtrack. :grin:

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two, both of them are iPod Nanos. I love them. At any given moment I am no further than three feet away from either of them.

I'm just upset that my computer is dead, so I have to wait until my new one comes to download more music. :frowning2:

8. Zontar

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's sad you took so long hehe. I've had the shuffle, the nano, the video, and now have the Touch. Love them all. I also love me my iPad. :grin:

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2011 at 05:06 PM ----------

Why would you get both an iPhone and iPod touch? Also you needs to clean your iDevices foo!

10. TheDarkerPoet

I listen to my iTouch more than I drink water. Gift cards to buy music are like the only thing I could ever ask for from anyone. (well, that and boots, haha.)

11. Tiny Catastrophe

I've had an Ipod touch for years and the screen was shattered on my old one and i used it til the battery couldnt hold a charge anymore and then got a new one. I LOVE it. It goes everywhere with me :grin:

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have an iPhone, but I have very few apps for it. The only two I use on a regular basis are Facebook and a free "to do" list thing.

Lex

13. BlueDuck

oh, I am SO jealous, I want a touch sooo bad. My nano is serving me well, though.

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have an iPod Touch, but just because it came free with my laptop. I'd probably still be using the "Classic" if it weren't for that fact. Of course, I love how intuitive it is to navigate thanks to the touch screen, and now that I know what it's like to be able to access wifi without bringing along a laptop, I'd rather not go back. Aside from listening to music (which I do a lot), I frequently use it to do some of my more mundane internet browsing when I'm not near my laptop and for the free solitaire game, which I like much more than the solitaire game on the old iPods. I can actually finish a game now without giving up and deciding it isn't worth it once I've put all the cards in play and have as good as won.

15. kem

kem

I have an iPod Touch as well, yay! I bought the 32Gb version last spring, me and my mom agreed that quadruple storage space (compared to the 8Gb) for an added 100€ was a great deal.

16. TyPod

I love all my iDevices but I don't like the way Apple is phasing out the old scrollwheel on the iPods. I was really annoyed when they made the nano a touch device.
    I'm also sad because I'm gunna sell my iPad today to fill up my savings enough so that I can buy a new MacBook (or wait until March 2nd to see what iPad 2 is like)

17. Harve

I have an iPod classic, 70GBs full and still thousands of songs i can fit in :3

18. partietraumatic

I have an ipod classic. I only want it for music. I don't want all the other stuff that the newer ones do. Unfortunately it stopped working a few weeks ago. I really need to buy a new one, I'm going crazy being restricted to the crap that most of the radio stations play!

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's silly. Reports are showing that tablets are going to start replacing laptops...just saying.

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I bought myself an Ipod Touch a few weeks ago, (I have a Nano too, but I wanted something with more space and the touch was too cool to pass up) and I LOVE it! The apps are fun, (the Kindle app is awesome) and I love that I don't have to cart my netbook around if I want WiFi on the go. Plus, since I went all the way and got the 64gb model, it holds my entire music library with plenty of room to spare. No longer do I have to make a choice about what music goes and what music stays. I love having all of my albums with me at any given time.