1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much TV do you watch?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zontar, Mar 22, 2011.

?

How often do you watch TV?

1. Very Frequently

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Frequently

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Occasionally

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Very Occasionally

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  5. Not at all

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Zontar

How much TV do you watch? Just an informal survey to see if TV is still relevant in this generation as much as it was in previous generations. I know that I personally only watch television very occasionally, and many of my friends are the same as well.

2. frostreaver

I have about 10 TV shows that I keep up with but I watch them all online and not on the TV cause I don't have one. Not sure what that count as lol.

3. Rikudo

I used to watch tv but nowdays the only things I catch myself watching are things I DVR or Football games.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have about three or four nights a week that I would make a point to watch TV, but lately I only make time to watch Glee and don't really see anything else.

5. Ben

Ben

I've probably watched one hour of TV this year, if that.

6. VampConspiracy

TV? Really? I find that most TV shows these days are crap. I can't sit through an episode of Glee without reaching for the earplugs/earphones. I can't sit through anything that shows on the CW (it should have been called the WC). Satellite television leaves a lot to be desired, with a spread of complete crap to mediocrity over a couple hundred channels ( ! ). The only shows I watch on a regular basis are on the Discovery Channel (MythBusters, Dirty Jobs), and even that channel is turning into antique auction crap.

I do not watch a lot of television these days, even though there is one on almost right in front of me the entire day. Instead, I embrace the twenty-first century by browsing the web and killing zombies (Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor, anyone?).

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I don't watch tv that much :/ there is never anything on :/

8. TheDarkerPoet

Boring.
    Makes me feel sluggish.
    Hardly have a need for it anymore. Between writing and videogames and walks out on the town, TV proves to be quite an unnecessary factor in my life.

But I do need the screen so I can watch instant on Netflix ^__^

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i only watch quiz shows and documentaries (and things like mythbusters, time team etc)

and only good quiz shows, like mastermind.

10. VampConspiracy

You can't deny the usefulness of the screen, but only as a display output - screw the airwaves. :icon_bigg

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only watch tv with my family maybe once a week at most for an hour? But I watch netflix sometimes. And anime.... and the tv I watch with family is recorded... I barely see commercials.

12. BloodyRose3000

I've significantly cut down and tend to spend more time reading now.

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Before I went to off to college, there were a good number of TV shows I watched, some of which I even actively kept up with: Scrubs, Mythbusters, Mad TV, Tosh.0, How It's Made, and Dr. G: Medical Examiner were all favorites of mine. But as college approached, I slowly drew away from watching things as they aired and chose instead to watch them on On Demand, on my own time. My propensity for On Demand viewing lowered my tolerance for the usual short-comings of TV (commercials, needing to watching things on the channel's schedule and not your own, etc.), and I grew less fond of the medium.

When I did go off to college, my roommate who brought the TV during my first semester didn't hook it up to the cable outlet properly, so we didn't get any of the channels I watched. I lamenting this at first, but as the semester got going, I realized I didn't really have the time to watch TV, anyways. This forced cold-turkey-quitting and my subsequent growing dependence on other technologies for entertainment (video games, the internet, music, etc.) made me realize that I really didn't need TV to entertain me anymore, and I slowly stopped considering it a viable form of entertainment. Once I did get access to TV again the next year, when I brought my own TV and hooked it up properly, I had lost all desire to watch it.

The only show I bother keeping up with these days is Tosh.0, and even with that show, I don't watch the episodes when they air; I just catch up with whatever episodes are on On Demand when I go home to visit my parents, which is often enough that I don't miss them. It's not a great show, by any means, but it's the only thing on television these days that entertains me enough that I can be bothered to watch it. I have a television in my room, but it is here solely to allow me to play video games. I don't have a cable to connect it to the cable outlet, and once I get my own place, I probably won't pay to get cable there.

14. Danny19

Honestly i used to be addicted to watching tv. i would watch it more than 8 hours a day. from the moment i got home to the moment i fell asleep watching it. I even watched it when i was doin hw. but now with college i dont watch it that much. The only time i watch it now is when im in bed ready to go to sleep, which is usually from 8-10 @ least 2 hours during the weekday. on saturdays i go out so i dont watch tv all day. and sundays there really isnt anything on so i dont watch it unless there is a movie that i like but thats pretty much it. Im actually happy i dont spend much time watching tv anymore

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Psh, I don't get how most of you don't like some tv shows :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Right now I follow Modern Family, Harry's Law, Parenthood and Criminal Minds. Oh, and friends whenever I'm in the mood :grin:

16. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Really depends on the day.

I only have a handful shows I watch:

House
    Bad Girls Club
    Teen Moms
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    The Soup
    Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/Hell's Kitchen when it's on.
    And Judge Judy every weekday.
    Oh, I've gotten into Pretty Little Liars, too. lol.

I rarely watch t.v. on the weekends because there's no point.

Sometimes I will watch game shows if I'm really bored/in the mood. So basically I watch a couple hours of t.v. a day.

17. I watch some shows online, but I'm not very good about remembering if they've aired any episodes recently. If I watch a show, it's sure not on my tv. I don't know what any channels are or what shows are on them or when they were on in the first place hahaha

I prefer movies and books over tv. I feel like I get better quality out of those two things than out of tv shows. Probably because shows are so drawn out and there always has to be new material. I don't know, I guess I just get tired of the same out old stuff.

18. Brad

I watch way to much TV. I record shows and watch them later on in the week. Skipping ads saves so much time.

19. Lychee

Me too. I don't have a TV at home, and my TV at college (that they provide) wasn't working when I got here, and I haven't bothered to get it fixed.

20. straal1972

I put down occasionally, i don't usually get control of the remote, so i don't choose what we all watch, which usually doesn't interest me. but I do binge out every now and again. i have under 5 show that i record each week.