1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Get to see my man Garth....LIVE!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by beckyg, Oct 27, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was feeling kind of down in the dumps because I couldn't take another vacation and go to Kansas City to see Garth Brooks in one of his 9 sold out concerts. This is the first time he's done full-blown concerts since his retirement so it's all pretty exciting. Well, it turns out that the first concert is going to be broadcast live from movie theaters all over the U.S. so I got the next best thing....movie theater tickets to watch him LIVE! Garth...he just thinks of everything! (!) (!) (!)

2. neverover

umm.. i myt b dumb, but who is garth?

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ha, ha.....

Well let me tell you about Garth Brooks. :icon_bigg

He is the biggest selling country music artist of all time. He drew many fans to country who previously were not fans of country, myself included! He was awarded country music Entertainer of the Year 4 times. In his live shows he is known for doing athletic jumps, climbing ropes, even flying across the air in a stadium in Texas attached to cables. You can read lots more about him at Wikipedia.

The great thing about Garth is he has never been afraid to do things that might be deemed risky. Garth has a lesbian sister and was critisized heavily by some of his country music fans for doing a live benefit for the Human Rights Campaign. He's a good guy with a heart of gold. He is now married to country music star, Trisha Yearwood.

He is the reason country music became so popular! I took my brother who loves hard rock to a Garth concert and he was blown away. I don't even listen to country anymore but Garth is and forever will be my most favorite singer and entertainer ever! Yes, I'm a fan. :icon_redf

4. Jim1454

My wife and I saw him live in Toronto a few years ago. It really was a good performance.

I was listening to 'The Hits' recently for the first time in a really long while - and 'The Dance' really struck me when I listened to it.

"Our lives, are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the, dance."

It gave me goose bumps, thinking about my life, and how it's just as well that I didn't know I was gay early on, as I would have missed the last 10 years of my life as they played themselves out - getting married, having kids, etc.

Garth really did have some great songs. Enjoy the 'movie' Becky!

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The Dance is a beautiful song! I was going to mention in my post above that in the song "We Shall be Free", he says "when we're free to love anyone we choose, we shall be free". Garth was way ahead of his time. :slight_smile: He took alot of heat about that song also!