1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goosebumps

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ilayis, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I used to watch this show and read the books all the time.If your not familiar with it,author R.L.Stine wrote a series of books called goosebumps that were later turned into a tv show thriller for kids that was started in the later 90's.
    I loved watching the show and reading the books.
    Today and tomorrow 9am to 8pm Cartoon Network is having a marathon of every episode.

Has anyone ever watched or read Goosebumps?

2. CelebrityHead

I don't remember the TV shows! I missed out....
    But we owned almost all of the books and I loved them! They were my favourite childhood books. My favourite one was probably Ghost Beach #22. Not sure why that was my favourite, but I remember reading it heaps of times!

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Mine were Cuckoo Clock Of Doom and Piano Lessons Can Be Murder

4. davo-man

I really enjoyed Welcome to Camp JellyJam for some reason, or at least, that is the one that I most remember

Unfortunately for the 6 months that the show was on, my family went caravaning around Australia, so I missed out (bummer)

5. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Welcome To Camp JellyJam?I think you mean Welcome To Camp Nightmare

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

yer my bro had the books it was tooo scary :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Tom

Tom Guest

i loved the show and the books, i cnt remember any of the names of em tho, i did like the one with the worms in and at the end it turned out they (trhe humans) were the pets instead. i remember tht cus a friend used the story for english, copied it exactly and then got a praise card or somet and even had his work put in good work assembly, at the time tht assembly was the biggest thing ever! now its just o look i did some work let me parade it infront of aload of kids and get rewards for being picked at random most of the time.

8. davo-man

Hmmm...its possible, but Im pretty sure it had Jam or Jelly in the title, cos it turned out that if they got 5 first places, they had to go somewhere and care for this huge worm/jelly thing....hmm I shall go wikipedia it...

Woops my bad, it seems as if i just wanted to combine of them at once...The one i was thinking of was "The Horror at Camp Jellyjam"

9. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're both right. The book was Horror at Camp Jellyjam. There was also one called Welcome to Camp Nightmare.

My favorite was The Ghost Next Door. It was a clever twist when the girl found that the boy next door wasn't the ghost, she was.

10. neverover

i love the 1st series, but i forgot its title. i think its house of horror, or welcum to the dead house, or...watheva. i like goosebumps, but i wish they were scarier. not a single goosebumps can scare me out:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. my school library has a big collection of goosebumps tho. i borrowed them if im doing nothing. oh wait, i think its only happen twice. i hate my hectic life...

11. CrimsonThunder

My favorite was The Secret of the Dummy? or something like that. >_> Well I got quite a few books still sitting in my book case. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Goosebumps were awesome cool.

12. CelebrityHead

Did anyone like the 'choose your own adventure' books (i.e. Knight in Screaming Armour)? I really liked the concept, but I always died after reading like 10 pages... it was always too short!

13. CrimsonThunder

I didn't like them. :frowning2:

14. Rette

I used to love those books! Right around the 6th grade, I read tons of them! I think I got close to reading all of them, actually.