1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry's ET

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TyRawr, Apr 4, 2011.

1. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

hahahah Xd omg I watched the video! It's so awesome but I didnt really like the rap Kanye did :/ it kinda ruined the song for me a bit XD LOL but nonetheless the video was awesome! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Nothing can ever put out my hatred flame for Katy Perry.

What's with all these pop stars doing space stuff in their videos too?

Oh, but no matter how much I hate Katy Perry as a person, I like her as an artist. Especially this song, minus the Kanye West part.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Katy Perry, and it's a good song minus KW, BUT I'm sorry, but does anyone notice that the beginning is reminiscent of Born this Way?

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

It totally is! The whole time I was thinking "wow I bet lady gaga would do this!" but she already did lol. I loved the fashion to the whole video none the less.

---------- Post added 4th Apr 2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

At the same time the beginning reminds me of the beginning to WALLE

6. Makaio1

The beginning totally reminds me of Wall-E. Who else thinks the floating part reminds you of Skylar Grey in "I need a doctor"?

Great song and vid overall. =]

7. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I didn't think the video was very good, but I love the song!

8. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

I LOVED the song till i saw the video, it killed it for me...

9. Giorria

Giorria Guest

I love the song without Kanye in it, and I'm with DougieBoy when I say that the video kills it.

10. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I loved the video. I thought it was beautifully done. I love science fiction themes.

As for it being like Lady Gaga, I know Katy Perry has taken gotten some inspiration from Gaga, but I don't think she has ever copied Gaga, they're too different. I see nothing similar with this video and Born This Way's besides the fact that they both are science fiction themes.

Infect me with your love and fill me with your poison.

11. lostinthought9

I LOVE the song, but the video is "meh."

12. ToTheCeilingFan

God, she was so gorgeous in her alien garb! The song is a meh for me and the Kanye part was a thumbs down, but there was something kinda haunting about the video...

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have to say I definitely like the Kanye-less version of the song more, but this really is a good video IMHO. She knows how to be weird in a way that's relevant to the topic of the song, and that third outfit she wears in the video? Amazing.

14. Beachboi92

i hate kanye and i don't think he is that good a rapper and hate his part in this song. The make-up, fashion, and some of the effects where really cool to look at but i still thought over-all the video was just kind of stupid and not very good xD to bad because i really like the beat to the song. Lyrically i also think it lacks a lot, like most KP songs, but it is enjoyable to dance to. I don't think i would care to watch the music video again though.

15. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Aww, lol, I happened to really like the video. But then again, also stock the director to the video, Floria Sigismondi, her work is amazing. She has a creepy-esk vibe, and I dig it.

16. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

LOVE THE SONG but i have to say it had a taTu vibe to it do you know what i mean ?

17. browneyedboy

YES!!!!!

She has copied gaga. like 2 weeks after born this way came out she did a cover of it at one of her gigs, and this year at the grammys she arrived in armani prive as gaga did last year and generally most of her ideas are unoriginal copied/commercialized ideas.

This being said she is a good artist and i really like the song, just find the music video not so great, and couldve done with a lot less kanye like none at all lol.

18. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Doing a cover isn't copying. That's doing a cover, with full consent of Lady Gaga. And Gaga wasn't the first person, and wont be the last to wear an armani prive. I agree that Katy Perry for the most part is unoriginal (however it is mostly commercialized shit) but she doesn't copy Gaga. :/ I would love nothing more than to prove that she copied Gaga because Perry always talks shit. But she doesn't. I am not going to believe false things because I don't like her.

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've heard this statement a lot, but I really don't hear it.

:eusa_clap

20. sexyalex

Oh yessss. I agree
    I said the SAME EXACT thing

And the Wall-E thing? Omg, its like...D;
    Omg like seriously...anyhow -__-"

I don't care what you haters say. I LOVED Kanye's part. and I am not a Kanye fan. but that dude does has his purpose. <3

KANYE, THE VMA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!
    :thumbsup:

I saw Wall-E, The Fifth Element, Sphere, Avatar and Star Treck coming out in that video. Gah!

Atleast Gaga was original enough to creat a vagina shaped G.O.A.T :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However, many people say, the videos are similar. Yes? they are.

But

Katy's own was allot more futuristic. While Gaga's video
    was more of a 90's interpretation of what the future would look like. Very old school syfi.

So both videos should be applauded. :eusa_clap

And another weird thumps up :thumbsup: to Katy for displaying so many subliminal symbols in her new video.
    After bashing Lady gaga so richly with Alejandro,
    I was most surprised to see those less than a second images of animal sex, re-birth and "alien procreation" on my laptop screen. (yes my eyes are quick like that).

Atleast now I can like her music for she has just placed herself on the conspiracy list, right next to being Rihanna's best friend,
    Below the Lady Gaga
    and just a little above She Was Sasha Fierce who is soon coming to
    whoop your ass after she is done enjoying her "I Am Sasha Fierce" money:thumbsup:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Peace out guys
    -Alex:slight_smile: