1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Game of Thrones; Song of Ice and Fire] IN LOVE! <3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bryan90, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Bryan90

Opening Song: YouTube - Game Of Thrones "Official" Show Open (HBO)

In love with the story and tv series!!!

Bran! Arya! Daenarys!

I should really do more research into other fantasy series. The only few, with a reasonably good lore, that I know are LOTR, Harry Porter, Discworld and Sword of Truth. I like it more when they make them into movies or tv shows!

:grin:

2. moirai

YES! I love this series! I'm so glad that the tv show is good, I was afraid that I would be majorly disappointed.

3. Kanen

OH MY GOD I'VE FOUND MY PEOPLE! I LOVE YOU GUYS! GRRM! <3333333333333

The books are fantastic. By far, the best thing I've ever read. EVER, I say. If you are looking for something good to read, this it.

And the show... I'm so pleased with it. It is turning out amazingly.

Loras and Renly <333

4. Porphyrogenitus

Hell yeah!

I've had a few minor qualms with the show so far... the Others aren't much like I imagnied them at all, some things aren't explained very well yet so I don't think people who haven't read ASOIAF will get them (on the other hand, that'd probably slow it down too much, so it's a balancing act).... but for the most part, it's the most awesome new show for years (!)

5. adam88

I've never read the books but one of my roommates is a huge fan so her introduced me to the TV series. I have to say, I'm becoming a huge fan. :slight_smile: Great show.

6. Bryan90

I wonder if they'd give Loras a new lover. Tommen maybe? Or maybe Bran?!!! But I doubt the latter... If anything, Bran and Jojen belong together.

7. Kanen

Bran's like... 9. And so is Tommen. That's kind of creepy, dude.

8. Bryan90

I think they are older now. When Loras and Renly first started, Loras was 14, and Renly was 21.

Perhaps it was in a time when we do not consider children incapable of making decisions for themselves, and was not overly sensitised to sex, which arguably resembled the medieval times when 12 year old boys would find themselves in internship positions for trades. (Might not be accurate information)

For perspective: Arya is only 1 year older than Bran and is now training in one the most elite assassin groups...

#8 Bryan90, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  9. Kanen

Spoilers, boys and girls. So, if you've not read the books, be wary.

Yes, but I was not referencing the tv show, but the books. I do believe that at the end of A Storm of Swords, Bran is 9. Yes, because at the start of A Game of Thrones, he's 7. And Tommen is the same age as him. And, anyways, either boy seems too wrong for the job. One is a cripple and the other a very meek boy. If George were to do that, it could easily be seen as rape (and people had a hard enough time with Dany). And for the tv show, the very reason that they raised the ages of the characters were to keep away from them being underage. If Tommen or Bran started a relationship with Loras, it would be pointless.

But anyways, that sounds too indulgent to me. George was never one to be indulgent. He never even out right stated *in the books* that Loras and Renly are lovers. He admitted it later.

And think how Loras feels. He loved Renly for a very long time. I think giving him a lover would sort of... diminish that.

Bran and Jojen are both too underage for a relationship. You can dream, but George is never going to write that.

#9 Kanen, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  10. Mogget

I haven't seen the show yet, love the books though. I'll probably wait till a few more episodes have come out before I look it up. Gotta make sure it's worth watching after all.

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

From I have heard the show is amazing. They are moving the story along FAST, but they are staying really close to the books and the "essence" of the series.

That's what I have heard tho....I have yet to watch it myself xD

12. Bryan90

*Spoiler Alert*
    It's just a little ironic to me that we're using current societal standards on 'relationship and age' into a society that is very different from ours.

So it was okay for Daenerys to get married at 14 to some horselord and had sex to beget a child, but not okay for a 10 year old lad to have a relationship? So I guess since Loras was 14 too, I guess, arguably 14 is the age of majority in Westeros eh? Well Bran will just have to wait 4 more years then. LOL.

13. Kanen

I agree, Bryan. I mean, look at it from a biological stand point. A lot changes between 10 and 14.

14. gaius

gaius Guest

The series is really good, and they seem to have hit most of the characters well, also, its worth watching just for the guy who plays john snow, and tyrion lannister's banter!

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

So I FINALLY got a way to watch it haha

Saw the first episode yesterday and OMG freaking amazing! Loving everything about it and the casting is just spot on. Loving it so far!

As a side not, HBO really enjoys showing off boobs holy crap xD A bit too much if you ask me, but still good haha

16. Bryan90

I KNOW! I was like: I want more male nudity!

17. Kanen

It's gotten better as the show had gone on. There's been less nudity with every episode - I actually can't think of any last episode... So, I don't consider it a huge issue.

BUT. We have a Loras/Renly scene coming up in episode 5. I think. I hope. GOD LET IT BE TRUE XD.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^That's what my friend said. Watching the first episode with my mom was....rather something xD

And you guys are going to kill me, but when I read the books I never made the connection of them two being together like that xD

19. Corny

Corny Guest

^ there are quite a few hints.

them "praying" together
    loras' rage and accusations against brinne
    and a few other things where either one mentions the other one briefly, often just in a side sentence

20. Porphyrogenitus

Not to mention the

Rainbow Guard

lol.