1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranormal State: Ryan Buell (bisexual, autobiography excerpt)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IanGallagher, May 8, 2011.

1. IanGallagher

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd post this because a lot of it hit home for me and, similarly, I just like reading about other's experiences and especially those from more public figures.

#1 IanGallagher, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really remarkable. I remember seeing Paranormal U or whatever the show was called. I thought the way it was put together was really hokey, but I can dismiss that as the way the dumbass reality TV producers put it together to create drama.

It did seem like Ryan Buell was a little full of himself and overly pretentious with his approach, but reading the above makes him seem a lot more humble. Not to mention, I think it's likely he was probably dealing with a lot of uncomfortable feelings at the time the early seasons were being filmed.

His bio might be an interesting book to read.

3. James

Thank you for sharing this excerpt. I have always liked Ryan and his show, Paranormal State. If his autobiography is available online through Amazon I may have to pick up a copy.

4. lostinthought9

Yes, thank you for sharing this with us. I watched quite a few episodes of Paranormal State, although, I'll admit I mostly watched it because Ryan was nice to look at. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, I liked the little excerpt, as well as his honesty and his writing style. I'm going to have to look into buying his bio this summer.

5. peytonia13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ryan from the moment i watched your show i fell in love. You inspire me not to be afraid of what people think and just to be myself. My older brother is gay and when he was younger he was very secretive of his sexuality. He never was able to be honest with himself and others until his senior year of high school. I remember hearing my mom say "thank god i have at least one straight child". When she said that my heart sank because i never thought that i was ever going to be able to be open with my only parent. After about a year i became annoyed with hearing some of my supposed friends talk down on those who were gay or bisexual, finally i came out. Some of my friends disappeared and some stood beside me. The hardest task i faced was telling my mother. I sat her down and cut right to the chase. "mom, im bisexual." all she said was "im going to pretend i didnt hear that". that answer was not acceptable. I continued to tell her about how i felt and she slowly began to understand. Now my mother and i are very close and open with one another. Thank you Ryan for taking a stand and never giving up on what you believe. :thumbsup:

6. Doctor Faustus

Many thanks for sharing!

I'm glad Ryan seems content with his faith and the way things are, for now. :slight_smile: I wish him well.

7. Bruja

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi Ryan..... Im a mother of 4 guys, one of them is gay and we love him and respect him.I teach my kids to respect every aspects of life and now they are like a pineapple.
    I like u more because the paranormal activity than your private life. I been a medium psychic since 8 and I found your program so interesting.
    I measure people because his/hers actions no what they doing in their private life.
    You need to be strong and healthy, this is the most important.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to be clear... this is a thread from 2011, originally posted by someone who read an excerpt of Ryan Buell's biography. Ryan is not a participant in this thread, or a member of EC (as far as I know.)