1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Gay' Episodes in 'Straight' shows

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kerze, May 22, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, what's your favorite time when a show that doesn't normally have gay themes has included them in an episode? Also, what is your least favorite example of this?

For example; I love the episode of Parks and Recreation where Leslie accidentally marries two male penguins (thinking they are a boy and a girl) to promote tourism to the zoo, and as a result becomes a local Gay Icon.

The part of the show where they take the piss outta ridiculous anti-gay marriage arguments by having a man ask whether allowing two gay penguins to get married will lead to him being able to marry his guinea pig is hilarious. As is the part, where she transports the penguins to Iowa, 'so they can be happy there' where they have Gay Marriage.

There's also a great bit where April explains her relationship with her sexually confused 'boyfriend' and his boyfriend (who she hates)

2. Markio

I really liked the episode of Rocko's Modern Life called "Closet Clown." Ed Bighead realizes he has this secret urge to be a clown, and he starts working on the side as a clown, and he becomes very happy. It's funny because Bev Bighead thinks he's cheating on her, and when she finds out the truth she's relieved and loves him all the same.

I always found it too awkward in Everybody Loves Raymond when Frank insinuated that one of Ray's twin boys was probably gay. Not the insinuation itself, just the way the show treated it like a joke and a misfortune.

3. Lolguy

There was an episode of "In Plain Sight," I don't remember the name of it, but part of the story for the episode revolved around how the witness, who was a closeted gay man, had brought his lover with him into witsec. One of the main characters of the show, Mary, finally tells him to come out to his, I think, father, and other people (The mans lover was also going to leave if he didn't just start accepting himself and coming out to the people in his life). It was really sweet to watch.

4. steel03

"Oh look! Six Flags! I should take them on a water slide! They might die... But it would be so cute!!!"

There's an episode of 30Rock where ultra-straight Frank is inexplicably attracted to 20-year-old coffee boy Jamie (played be the exceptionally attractive Val Emmich) and he tries to figure out if he's gay.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lutz; 'ha ha, Frank's GAY!'
    Frank; 'For him? Maybe I am...'
    Lutz; 'Wait... what? Frank's GAY... guys...?'
    Frank; 'I'm gay for Jamie'
    Liz; 'Frank, that's not a thing'

I love episodes of 30 Rock where Jacks gay rival Devon Banks appears, they're always hilarious, especially when Jack uses Kenneth as bait. The one where he gets engaged to Cathy Geis and pretends to be straight so Jack makes him play sports and gets a hot guy to wrestle with him makes me laugh every time. 'Oh, isn't this fun? and it's fine cos we're both straight...... you have muscles like a god'

6. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parks and Recs is an awesome show, I love April and her Gay Boyfriend;

'I gave my gay boyfriend's boyfriend a hickey and it made my gay boyfriend super jealous'

7. steel03

^And also...
    April: "I passed up a gay Halloween party to be here. Do you know how much fun gay Halloween parties are? Last year I saw three Jonas Brothers make out with three Robert Pattinsons. It was amazing."
    And her gay boyfriend shows up dressed as a straight guy and Mark is wearing exactly the same thing! Bahahahahaha

I suppose the other obvious one is Gay Witch Hunt from The Office, when everyone finds out Oscar is gay.

8. djt820

Rocko's Modern Life had quite a few gay undertones. Like when Rocko proclaims "I've always liked rainbows" and everyone gets upset at him. Quite a clever show.