1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2:37

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by davo-man, Nov 9, 2007.

1. davo-man

I would just like to point this movie out, because I believe it should be shown to every Year 12/11 student in all of Australia, if not the world...okay, so maybe not the world, but i really think that it should be shown to Year 12 students

Maybe I should give some more information. It is the story of the suicide of a Year 12 student. This is shown at the beginning, but the identity of the student is not shown. i then goes back to the beginning of the day and details the day of 6 students, each of which may or may not be the person who eventually commits suicide. At the end the student's identity is revealed

The reason I believe this should be shown to Year 12 students is because it deals with issues that so many people in this year level have to deal with; boyfriends/girlfriend and breaking up, incest, rape, harrassment, disabilities, homosexuality and being "in the closet"...and the thing is that it is so truthful.

So anyway, has anyone here seen it? Its an Aussie production, so i dont really expect ppl outside of Aus to say yes, but to those ppl I suggest you download it or something, because even though I only watched it after I finished school, I think it would be really helpful to people still dealing with the pressures of high school

This is the review given by an Aussie movie review show, as well as the trailer and some sample footage

(As a side note, the majority of the film is shot at the school which i just finished up at, so you can all see where I used to go!)

2. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes!! I've seen it quite recently and thought it was awesome!!! Very good storyline though not a happy one at all! But that's not really the point, life in high school isn't really easy for most people anyway. And I think most people can relate to at least some things that the characters are going through in this movie...

Highly recommended by me as well! Also for its beautiful cinematography and music...but be aware that it is kind of disturbing and very graphic at times

#2 sngl, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. CrimsonThunder

From what you wrote it sounds good, I like the idea of there being a possibility of 6 people and you finding out who it is by going through each persons problems.

I'll download it. :slight_smile:

Wait a minuite, if its rated R I don't think it will get into schools. >_>

4. CrimsonThunder

I can't find any where to download it... Hints Davo?

5. Grof142007

I want to see the whole thing

6. CrimsonThunder

I couldn't even watch it on the website... I can never get those video things to work. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. davo-man

You should be able to rent from the video store....you could probably find it someone on the internet, but Demonoid is down I think, so unfortunately you cant get it from there (not that Ive ever done that hehe)

And as for it being R18+...I know, that sucks...prob if they cut down the suicide scene or somehow subdued it, and blanked out a few of the superfluous f*cks

8. CrimsonThunder

Renting videos is fo' newbs.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It sounds great. Did you watch this at school?

10. CrimsonThunder

Nope, they can't show it at schools anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't understand why when we learn about sex at school... I remember watching a pretty graphic video in year 8 or 9 about and then theres "where did I come from?" in year 7. >_> Cartoon lol.

11. davo-man

Becky, nah, my sis went and saw it at the cinemas I think last year and told me how powerful it was, but told me that i wasnt allowed to see it, firstly cos I wasnt 18 at the time, but mostly cos of the very graphic content in the suicide and (spoiler alert) rape (spoiler attack averted) scenes. I saw it in the video store last week and thought that cos I was 18 that it might be a good idea, and it was

As I may have said the content is very graphic, but I think its very powerful at the same time...Btw, after watching it and reading a few reviews, I can see that the visual style is very similar to Elephant (an American movie about a school shooting, although I still maintain that they are very different movies, and that one is not a ripoff of another one)

12. CrimsonThunder

If you still got the DVD can you rip it and send it to me over msn?

13. davo-man

Well, I have the DVD...I can try to send it over MSN, but might need some help, cos not completely sure how to...I basically ripped it using DVDShrink, so its not just onoe movie file...will i get in trouble saying that? (from copyright ppl i mean?)

14. CrimsonThunder

For some reason I don't think copyrite people search gay forums to see if people are copyriting things. >_> Unless one of them is gay of course. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. davo-man

hehe, oh yeah that's the way they are spearheading the copyright campaign; checking which gay ppl are stealing music and movies (silly me)

16. CrimsonThunder

>_>

You're on to me!

When will you be on msn next?

17. donnie5

looks really heartfelt i wanna see it

18. davo-man

I'm usually online, just showing offline, so if you need to talk to me, just send me an "offline message"...in fact im on now if you want

19. CrimsonThunder

You send me a message you lazy bum. =P

20. InaRut

Alright I'm downloading it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You caught my attension.

EDIT:
    NEEDS MORE SOURCES? ARRGGH :frowning2:
    Looks like I'm not seeing this film..

EDIT 2:
    I'll let it run the night but Limewire does not seem to have many sources for this film...now I'm waiting on busy host. ANY OTHER WAY I can see this film considering I probobly won't see it much around town.

#20 InaRut, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007