1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kris B, May 29, 2011.

1. kris B

Hi everyone,
    I recently read two books that I found very interesting. The first one is called Gay, Straight and the reason why by Simon LeVay. This is a book about various scientific and mostly biological theories about how people get their sexual orientation. As someone interested in biology and my own gay-ness, I found this quite interesting, although at times it did make me sad to realize how certain random acts of nature made me well less than normal.

The other book is a novel by E.M.Forster. Its called Maurice and it is supposed to be semi-autobiographical. It is about a guy in England in early 20th century and his romantic/lustful leanings towards other men. It is set in time when being gay was much stronger taboo. As someone who comes from a culture which still shares that attitude, I could relate to the main character's experiences and fears personally. They also made a movie on the book called Maurice which is available on youtube.