1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who listens to passion pit?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ballin1718, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Even though I'm a big rap enthusiast, I really like a lot of genres of music and recently I started listening to a band called Passion Pit.

Their like an electro funk kind of band and their popular songs are Sleepyhead (it was in a commercial for a phone a while back), Little Secret, and The Reeling.

A lot of their songs (mainly these three) seem to be about being gay and coming out and stuff. I was wondering if anyone was lyk an avid fan and knew for sure.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love the Manners CD - I play it a lot. "The Reeling" is one of my favorite to-exercise-to songs. I saw them live last year - great show. Sadly, they also opened for (I think) the Muse at Red Rocks last summer, and all the Muse fans I talked to HATED them.

Lex

3. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    there soo good i think and the reeling i love to work out to also lol

4. Chandra

I like 'em. Haven't paid enough attention to the lyrics to be able to comment on your question, though.

5. kindaoutthere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    love sleepyhead remixes!!!!

6. interstella

Love them so much <3
    I know that their first EP was written as a present for the singer's girlfriend at the time, so I can't really confirm his homo/bisexuality...

7. Harve

They make me unleash my music snobbery!

They're awful but I keep going back to them, urgh. They just seem like a band for 14 year olds trying to be 'artsy' or whatever. They're really about as artsy as Britney Spears. I still enjoy them though! They're good fun. When you listen to them alongside electro-pop that's genuinely interesting they are one huge disappointment.

[YOUTUBE]tWhTga63c8I[/YOUTUBE]

Better.

8. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's a shame, I love both bands in fact I found out about passion pit because a music player recommended them to me because I liked the MUSE. "Better Things" has to be one of my Favorites.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>They just seem like a band for 14 year olds trying to be 'artsy' or whatever. They're really about as artsy as Britney Spears. I still enjoy them though!

Those are called "hooks". :slight_smile:

>>>That's a shame, I love both bands in fact I found out about passion pit because a music player recommended them to me because I liked the MUSE.

It's possible they put on a bad show - it happens. I wasn't there, so I can't say. The fact that two people said "What the hell is up with his VOICE?" makes me wonder.

No fair having only one video in this thread...and it not being by the band the thread is about. :slight_smile:

[youtube]T0RvPYRRRbE[/youtube]

Lex

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a huge fan of PP. Their music is great. Their lyrics are great. Seen them live twice. Fucking excellent.

Seen Muse a few more times, about 4 i think. Muse's music is great. Stage presence is great, but their lyrics let them down. Poopoo to those muse fans =P

11. Harve

Well of course, nothing wrong with hooks. I can't help get frustrated when I see people say something along the lines of 'my friends thing i'm so weird for listening to these guys - but they're wrong cuz all they listen to is mainstream radio shit' (no-one has said something like this in this thread, granted). So I guess I'm getting at the fans, there's nothing wrong with the band itself.

12. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I used to love rap but.. now not as much, but I like Sleepyhead! :slight_smile: