1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Chemical Romance

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hemera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hemera

Couldn't find a thread for them so I decided to make one.

Who listens to them? I know I do, and I find them amazing. They are energetic and always breaking down the barriers that have been set up to stop them. They are out to make a statement.
    If you don't like them, 2 things... why did you click on this thread, and why?

If you like them... well I have a few questions:

1. Why do you like them
    2. What is your favorite album?
    3. What is you favorite song?
    4. What is your favorite music video?
    5. Who is you favorite band member?
    6. Which drummer do you prefer? Matt, Bob, or Mike?
    7. What bands do you want to see tour with MCR in the future?
    8. Have you ever been to a gig? If so how was it?
    9. What do you find most inspiring about them?

You can also just talk about them, favorite pictures, songs, quotes... etc..

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2011 at 06:59 PM ----------

For those who never even heard of My Chemical Romance, here are a few of their songs and music videos:

off of their first album: "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love"
    Skyline and Turnstiles
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0X5mu-yPo[/youtube]

off of their second album: "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"
    Helena
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNKCfxcYvE[/youtube]

off of their third album: "The Black Parade"
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EQAOmJrbw[/youtube]

off of their forth album: "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys"
    Planetary GO!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfNmXbVHi4[/youtube]

I choose these by my personal favorites. The last three were personal favorite music video.

2. Flyers2011

I like them because I always thought that they were really unique. Their songs are really well put together and the lyrics are great.

My favorite album is probably Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, but it's not definite thing. I enjoy all of their albums.

Favorite song? Hard choice. I like Famous Last Words, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, Give 'Em Hell Kid, Ghost Of You, I'm Not Okay (I Promise) and This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Both Of Us Honey the most. Maybe. I'm not entirely sure.

Favorite video? Ghost Of You is great. So is Welcome To The Black Parade and I'm Not Okay (I Promise). Between those three.

It's between Frankie and Gerard. Frankie because he seems like a real fun guy. Gerard because he's a great artist.

Bob. He just seemed so awesome.

Well. I'd like to see a lot of bands but I doubt they would tour with MCR :/.

Nope.

I find the fact that they reach out to their fans inspiring. They seem very compassionate. I also find the reason Gerard started the band inspiring. He worked in an office building in New York, and when 9/11 happened he decided to start a band.

3. NerdishOne

NerdishOne Guest

1. Because I listen to a lot of...how shall I put this...whiney(?) bands and they break it up a bit.
    2. Call me mainstream but 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'
    3. Toss up between Thank You For The Venom, Hang 'Em High, and Sleep
    4. The 'I'm Not Okay (I Promise) video. Mainly because Frank Iero is hilarious.
    5. RAY TORO THE AWESOME.
    6. Bob
    7. Taking Back Sunday because I haven't seen Taking Back Sunday in concert and I really want to. And they're friends I believe.
    8. I've seen them live twice. They came for Big Day Out one year and did a tour. Loved it. It was small and awesome and Ray Toro waved to me (or some other guy with fuzzy hair). Then I saw them again when they came on The Black Parade tour. My first mosh pit...*reminisces* However, I have NEVER seen them all together. At the first one, I can't remember who wasn't there and then at the second one, Frank wasn't there.
    9. I like that they do different stuff and that they have songs that make me want to burst out laughing and songs that make me want to cry.

4. Hemera

^ Nah, I wouldn't call you mainstream. That is my favorite album too. You know what I will answer my own questions

1. I like them because they are a band that wants to make a difference and they are always trying to break down the barriers and start new things.
    2: Three cheers, mainly because it was their first album that really had structure and where they really pushed themselves
    Gerard: Howard taught use the secret to song writing
    Frank: yeah, it's spelled C-H-O-R-U-S
    3. (Yikes I didn't realize how hard I made these questions) I don't have just one favorite song.
    1st album: Skylines and Turnstiles, Demolition Lovers, This Is The Best Day Ever, Early Sunsets Over Monroeville, and Our Lady Of Sorrow
    2nd Album: Helena, I'm Not Okay, It's Not A Fashion Statement It's A Fucking Deathwish, The Ghost of You, and To The End
    3rd Album: Famous Last Words, Disenchanted, Cancer, Mama, The Sharpest Lives, and This Is How I Disappear
    4th Album: Summertime, Planetary Go!, Bulletproof Heart, Vampire Money, and The Only Hope For Me Is You
    4. I'm Not Okay, and Helena
    5. Frank... he is sarcastic and just funny
    Matt: Just to let you know, we've run out of gas
    Frank: Well at least we are in a populated area... with a lot of stuff to do
    (^ that is from "Life On The Murder Scene")
    6. Bob, but I am really starting to like Mike because he is such a hilarious guy
    7. Well I would've said Blink-182, but I am seeing them together in August. So yeah Taking Back Sunday. They haven't tour with them in forever. And Green Day again and 30 Seconds to Mars.
    8. Honestly no, the one time I could've gone (had tickets and everything) I was sick, puking, 103 degree fever... not fun. So I gave my tickets to one of my friends so she could go.
    9. They are always striving to reach new goals, always trying to make their shows better. Also they have a purpose and when they don't have any thing to push for any more they know that they have made their purpose and message clear.

5. Connor22

Got into them from a friend but loved the black parade before that
    hard to say, I prefer the older stuff to the newer tbh but it's all good
    at the minute it's thank you for the venom but mainly because the band I'm in are doing a cover of it
    I would have to say it would be for famous last words, mainly cus at the end the drummer catches on fire :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    the bassist cus I'm biased :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: jk I have such a huge crush on Gerard Way atm it's not right
    Bob
    Voice of Reason :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (that band i'm in tehehe)
    Yes, in Dublin, it was EPIC cus about 70% of the crowd were huge fans and not sissy little scene kids
    that fact that they're not afraid to do stuf that's different and yet they can get away with it

6. Hemera

Oh and a few pictures to keep you going :slight_smile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Hemera

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (magic... fireworks?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay... done but seriously I have like 20x more pictures and .gifs

8. thevre

was really into them in high school... they'll always be kinda special to me

fav album i think i've decided is 3 cheers. love the theme, style, etc.

favorite song? mmm... our lady of sorrows, demolition lovers, this is how i disappear, sharpest lives, mama, hang em high, i never told you what i do for a living, prison

don't care about the music videos
    don't have a favorite band member
    don't care- don't know enough about drumming to come up w/ an educated response- they both contributed a lot
    ALKALINE TRIO. they toured about 6 years ago... wish i had been into them for that. going to see them (probably) with blink182 and alkaline trio sometime in august in ny tho... special one time happening or something... 4 hour drive... totally gonna happen tho.
    once- projekt revolution- it was amazing.

9. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i love them all their songs rock!!!!! I specialy love I'm not okay, Teenagers and Welcome to the Black Parade.

10. mischa91

Why do you like them? I met some of my best friends going to shows to see this band. Good times!
    What is your favorite album? I think either three cheers or the black parade, great songs on both.
    What is you favorite song? I like 'kill all your friends'. i also have a soft spot for 'the ghost of you'.
    What is your favorite music video? i think i liked the ghost of you video the best.
    Who is you favorite band member? Either frank or mikey
    Which drummer do you prefer? Matt, Bob, or Mike? definitely bob, i miss bob.
    What bands do you want to see tour with MCR in the future? i don't know.
    Have you ever been to a gig? If so how was it? i've been to a few. They were all completely fabulous, i was at the barrier for all of the shows i went to and it was great.

11. Mark182

Mark182 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1: They're unique. Their message is inspiring. Their lyrics are great. Their rifts are catchy as hell. They're just amazing! :slight_smile:
    2: The Black Parade or Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
    3: It changes constantly but Famous Last Words is always up there so i'll say that.
    4: Famous Last Words, Welcome To The Black Parade or I'm Not Okay
    5: Frankie for sure. He's like my hero :slight_smile:
    6: Bob
    7: I'd love to see them with blink but they're not coming here :frowning2: , 30 Seconds To Mars
    8: Yup in Dublin. I was at the barrier for a while but I had to get taken out because I could hardly breath, but still it was great!
    9: How much they care about their fans.

12. Elicitra

i LOVE MCR
    love all the albums and got all of them

13. lgbtqenjolras

1. They're unique, and the message that their songs held was really inspiring and helped me through bad times.
    2. Fav album is probably Black Parade, but it depends what I'm in the mood for.
    3. I love all the songs, but my favorite is either Helena, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), Teenagers, or Na Na Na.
    4. My favorite music video is Helena, but Na Na Na is pretty great too.
    5. My favorite band member was Ray, he's so nice and down-to-earth and sweet. Gerard is the most like me, though.
    6. Bob was my favorite drummer, he seemed like a pretty cool dude.
    7. I DONT CAREWHOSE TOURING WITH THEM I JUST WANT S REUNION TOUR GHLVDSFHB (but Green Day would be pretty sweet)
    8. Never seen them live, which means I probably never will.
    9. MCR's lyrics are so inspiring. Also, quotes from interviews and Twitter and such have great messages :slight_smile:

Keep your bad vibes out of my cornflakes

14. CapQuestionmark

God, where do i even begin..! These wonderful little guys have managed to brighten my life and break my heart in a matter of maybe two years, maybe a little less...

Why do you like them? They are inspiring to me and are clearly not afraid to stray from the crowd, which gives me both strength and hope.
    What is your favorite album? The Black Parade, no doubts about it.
    What is you favorite song? Probably "Mama", "Teenagers", "You know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison", and "Cancer"
    What is your favorite music video? "The Ghost of You" because it told a heartbreaking story that managed to make me literally cry within a matter of 3 minutes and 58 seconds, and who doesn't love a good WW2 themed anything! :grin:
    Who is you favorite band member? Probably Gerard (bet you didn't see that choice coming...) because I truly love him as a person, especially if you look at all of the stuff he's done on his own (singles, comics, TV stuff, etc.)
    Which drummer do you prefer? Matt, Bob, or Mike? God, I don't know. They change too frequently for me to really get to know them or even tell much difference...haha
    What bands do you want to see tour with MCR in the future? I can't even bring myself to answer this question...but, I would say Green Day, because Gerard and Billy Joe would probably hit it off first thing.
    Have you ever been to a gig? If so how was it? Nope, I found out about them when I was in Middle School, and was honestly afraid of telling my parents i liked them until it came around the time of the "Fake Your Death" album release (which was on my birthday, same as the breakup... what a lovely birthday present guys...haha)
    What do you find most inspiring about them? They helped me turn my life around when I was in a dark place. They let me see the light again and be inspired by the things around me. It wasn't just their music I liked; I admired the strong bond they had with each other and the creativity and fun that they all shared.

Long live MCR!!!

15. Jellal

I don't really like MCR, but The Black Parade is one of my all-time favorite songs regardless.

16. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seen them live when they opened up for Green Day in St. Louis back in 2005. They are okay. I guess I like some of their songs.