1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentary Film “Out in America” Premiering This Month on PBS

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheEdend, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Documentary Film “Out in America” Premiering This Month on PBS | GLAADBlog.org

Can't watch it, but definitely looking it up once it comes out in some other way.

2. s5m1

I watched it this past weekend. It was very moving. They profiled a number of couples who have been together for decades. The film put a very human face on LGBT people, showing how our lives are no different than those of straight people. If you get a chance, it is well worth the time to watch it.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it going to be on again? I get PBS in Canada.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ No idea, but I've heard its really good so far. Still haven't been able to watch it myself tho xD

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Upon discovering that I missed it, I've been scouring the Internet trying to find when it will be on again, or better yet a link to watch it, but to no avail. Not even PBS.org has any information, just the trailer posted above. :frowning2: It's bound to be on again though. Check local listings for your area, since PBS affiliates all run at different times.

6. roborama

i saw it!!! it was extreamly touching even though my mom was yelling at me to put the bruins on the whole time. i loved the other couples. they gave me hope for the future. if you get a chance to see it i recommend it

7. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'll have to search for this and see what I can find, if everyone recommends it.

8. Tracy Lord

I watched it last night; very good. The most intense part for me was the discussion of what it was like at the beginning of AIDS. I have a friend in his late 50s that somehow managed to survive. I can't imagine what it was like.

Did anyone see the recent PBS documentary on Stonewall? That was amazing. A must see.