1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Has Gone Gay

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well sort of.

Last year I bought a book called "Hero" by Perry Moore, one of the Executive Producers of the Narnia films. It's a novel about Thom Creed, both a teen who not only has powers manifesting but also is a gay man.

For more info: Hero (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It really is just AWESOME, I love it, and I really think guys you'd enjoy this novel, it's well written and sends a more positive message than the treatment of gays in superhero comics.

But as for the title, even though it was in 2007 that it was published so it's more they "went" gay, the thing that surprised me the most when I received the book (wasn't mentioned on Amazon), on the side of the book was the Disney logo. It's published by Disney Hyperion Books. So yeah the fact Disney supported a gay novel just is like omg.

So yeah, just had to post this now for some reason instead of last year lol.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't read your post but is this news? :astonished:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol true except for the fact if you look up details, Disney kinda has a rather...homophobic type stance. Have you ever really seen an out gay character...well aside from Ryan in HSM though he never admitted it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha that is true. I think walt disney was a racist and probably a homophobe? idk, someone told me that. Who knows.