1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting a Local Zine, Help:)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ManicPanic, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ManicPanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Everybody!

My Name is Trevor and Im going to be attempting to start a local Zine in my city. I would really like to bridge the gap between my cities residents and the community we live in. Im openly gay and have been coming to this site for advice and for many years now and feel that starting something like this would be awesome, but i cant do it by myself.

(A zine is commonly a small circulation publication of original or appropriated texts and images. More broadly, the term encompasses any self-published work of minority interest usually reproduced via photocopier.)

It will focus on anything happening in the city, events, local bands, random articles, thoughts etc.. but i really want to have a strong focus on LGBTT issues, rights, awareness etc.

So if any of you great people here on empty closets could help me out it would be greatly apprecieated. I'm looking for Poems, Drawings, short articles about lgbtt, your experiences and thoughts and what it means to you.

Please message me for more details or if you have any questions. Thank you so much in advance! :icon_bigg

2. Chandra

I don't (at the moment) have any writing or art to contribute, but I do have experience in starting up and running 'zines in smallish communities, so if you need any advice please feel free to ask. :slight_smile: