1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First Republican Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJAiXcn6FHw&feature=player_embedded#at=255[/youtube]

All I can say is, does this mean what I hope it means? I do hope Palin doesn't run...and I know that those in the video aren't ALL the candidates but still one can hope Palin won't.

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I just saw a CNN poll that said that Romney came out of it as the most popular candidate which isn't surprising...and Bachmann was the second choice. I think that's VERY alarming. Bachmann is as bad as Palin and Michelle is definitely running. We could be looking at a Romney/Bachmann ticket for the GOP?

3. Zontar

One can still dream about Giuliani for 2012.

4. Jagster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way I can believe they are going to make our economy easier is if they allow same-sex marriage in all 50 states. Do you know how quick our debt calculator will go down when everyone 18+ will be able to get married? It would go down a lot more than it going up nearly $100,000 every second.

5. Zontar

Same sex marriage is not explicitly banned on the federal level.

Evangelicals want to do that with the federal marriage amendment though. It'll never happen though; good luck trying to pass a constitutional amendment that does nothing but restrict rights rather than expanding them.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What happened to Mike Huckabee?

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm watching the full debate and apparently only two of them dont want the federal government to ban same sex marriage - the black guy and Ron Paul.

I just wondered what everyone thought about this? If you had to vote for one of these people to be President, who would you vote for? And how important is their stance on this issue to you?

(Relevant video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAxdqbykKP4)

#7 Robert, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ "The black guy" is named Herman Cain.

I don't think that Romney will win the nomination. He's to moderate to really fly anywhere outside of New England.

9. Markio

Why did they all take a long time to not answer the questions they were asked? It seemed like they found a way to bring up and reject Obamacare for every question, and take longer than thirty seconds to do so. Ron Paul and Herman Cain kind of answered questions more directly, I guess.

10. Emberstone

Republicans can't run on their records. Regardless of their rancid ideologies, Obama still remains more popular than they do, and obama's policies still get more support than theirs. Also, americans are already turning on the republican party after what they have been trying to do since getting the house.

heck, alot of republican voters are voicing their disgust with the policies republicans are pushing.

In the end, the only way a republican will beat obama is if obama has a mental break down and shoots up a campaign rally. Because as of now, it is only the republican cannidates who are batshit insane.

11. Anne Nonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would vote for Ron Paul! If there's a man I love, other than my own father, then this is the man :lol:

His position on gay marriage (and reproductive choice) is to let the states decide, which isn't a perfect solution, but in every other way, he's right on the money!

12. Shevanel

This