1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MuchMusic VJ Search: Sean?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Proud1p4, Apr 8, 2006.

?

After reading this thread will you vote for Sean? (READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE SELECTING)

Poll closed Apr 10, 2006.
  1. Yes, of course! I will vote for Sean! [ I totally love you! =D ]

100.0%
  2. No, are you crazy?! I won't vote for Sean! [ Reconsider? = ( ]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I've already voted for another hopeful, sorry. [ =' ( ]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Ok, i dont know how many people are following the MuchMusic VJ Search, or how many of you even watch MuchMusic. For those who do, Sean Gehon, an openly gay hopeful, is in the final 4 (it's in a reality show thing) and the VJ will be picked April 10, monday. Anyway, he is pretty flaming, uses "fabulous" alot...now some of you might roll your eyes at this saying "the last thing we need is another queen representing us." i personally think thats very inconciderate and people who do think this, are discriminatory amongst their own small demographic (LBGT comunnity). Anyway the point of this thread was to:

1. Get your guys/girls opinion on Sean
    2. Give those who are potential supporters of Sean a link to vote for him; www.muchmusic.com/vjsearch
    3. Alert you to the catch-up marathon of all 10 episodes on April 9, Sunday on MuchMusic.

First of all Sean might be gay but it is not the reason i voted for him. He deserves to be the next VJ, he worked him @$$ off to get to the final 4. He proved he knows his stuff in the music quiz where he scored 100, when all other 3 only got thirdy and below. He is a natural at interviewing, and did amazing at every challenge plus added some sizzle to it. Sean won over the vote of 2/4 experts.

Secondly, Nikki, and Erik. They both did amazing in the competition also, but had no significant flare or "IT" factor. Erik has great interviewing talents but knows very little about music and (fact) has a very little fanbase anyway. Nikki totally rode on her looks and is a very bland interviewer, and once again has very little music knoweledge.

Lastly, the only significant competition to Sean is Tim. Tim totally rode on his looks and was absolutely terrible in every challenge. I admit to be fooled by Tim's charm and looks. But during interviews he had very little to say, even totally screwed up one where he needed to be saved by the interviewee. Tim has no "IT" factor besides his looks. He has bragged constantly about his music knoweledge but yet got it handed to him when Sean whooped his @$$ in the music challenge?!

I just think Sean deserves all the votes he can get, and i know every damn horny str8 girl and gay guy in canada is going to go all googly eyed for Tim so i want to try and level the playing field for Sean. Tim doesn't deserve this, he was the wildcard for frig sakes?! Canada was brainwashed by his good looks. He didn't earn the right to be in the final 4, Sean, Nikki, and Erik fought and worked for final three....and if you wont vote for Sean at least vote for one of them...but if you vote for Sean i'll love you forever.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

PS: If you do vote in the poll please remember to post, just to see your opinion and reasons as to why/why not...just for convorsations sake (sorry for the double-post)

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't watch MuchMusic so I cannot really comment. However if I did watch it I probably would vote for him unless he was totally obnoxious.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Tonite the next MuchMusic VJ will be announced at 8:00 central time (9:30 for those in Newfoundland lol) i want to say thanks for all your support for those who voted for Sean, even if he doesn't win. And please the polls are still open for those who still haven't voted yet, VOTE FOR SEAN AND YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

5. tired_of_lying411

Hi there..
    I have to say that I didn't vote, I forgot to... but If I did, I would have voted for Tim, who won BTW. He is who I thought deserved to win. He has made amazing progress and is interested in the lesser known bands, like I am.
    Sean was fabulous... but those flamboyant types just really arent my thing. I find them a bit draining, but thats just because I am a more laid back person.
    I am not discriminating against all my fellow queens, I just think that Tim is the better VJ.
    sorry Sean - I still love you. and way to go for having the confidence to represent us. You did us proud!!!!

also - I feel that they might have kind of taken advantage of his sexuality - like "oh, look at us - we're so supportive"

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Just a little update....Sean has been picked up by "Star! Daily"...not as a host or anything, but hes starting at the bottom of course....very cool tho that he got something out of it...he might've lost the VJ search but he has other doorways opened to him...anyway, blessed be!