1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubik's Cubes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by davo-man, Nov 13, 2007.

1. davo-man

I was just wondering if anyone else has solved one of these (I'm talking about the 3x3 original ones)...I only recently finished it (with a little bit of youtubes help hehe)

So yeah, has anyone else ever tried one and gotten so frustrated that they threw it at the nearest stranger?

2. Level N Human

No, I knew the person I threw it at.

3. Nicknikko

haha i hated those... i've NEVER been able to solve them! ugh!

4. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I cant even solve the 4x4 one....my friend cans olve it really really fast......weird XD

5. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

What i did to solve it once was i peeled off the stickers for the colors and then just glued them back so it could look like i solved it....now thats smart lol.thinking outside the box

6. CelebrityHead

I can do one in five minutes max.
    Sometimes two and a half.
    My friend showed me how while we were overseas, and we had to endure verrrry long bus rides on our trip, so I had loads of time to get it right :slight_smile:
    I only just recently bought one on eBay so that I wouldn't forget how to do it lol, but it looks like a cheap thing that'll break the next time I use it. :dry:

7. step49x

When I was at a music camp a couple summers ago, I met a kid who could solve one in around 20 seconds. I timed him on several occasions. It was crazy.

By the end of the week, he was up to 30 seconds. The graphite on the Rubik's Cube was coming off, or something.

Me? I've only tried a couple times. I've never gotten very far. :lol:

8. biisme

i lov rubik cubes!!!!!!!!!

my friend taught me how to do it lik 6 months ago! my average is probably 2 min. there are so many different ways to solve it. the common way for people to start out is i think this 9 step method. it involves making a cross on one layer, solving the corners of that layer, solving the middle, getting a cross on the remaining layer, making the cross line up, lining up the corners and solving the corners.

i solve it a mix of two ways that some other friends use. it's solving two layers at once while leaving one corner unsolved until the end of the puzzle. and then some faster shortcuts for the end.

the cube is coming back in my shcool. tons of people hav them. and my friend and i brought them back at camp (and someone else). on the day we went to the mall a bunch of people bought them b/c they wanted to learn.

if anyone wants to know how to solve it i could post the 9 step method step by step, just let me kno!

and funny thing about cubes. it seems to be the only thing i've evr seen people throw that the catcher never drops.

9. sdc91

I can't solve them to save my life. I can get one side, then I kind of lose it. lol

My friend can solve a 3x3 in 17 seconds though. He goes to the national championships like every year at Disney World. He's really amazing.

10. biisme

ooooooooo....i want to solve it that fast.

wanna ask him which method he's using to solve it?

11. Nicknikko

Oh là là là là là!!!!