1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by nisomer, Apr 2, 2005.

1. nisomer

2. Micah

Yeah I've seen a lot of trailers on TV. I'm not a hardcore fan, but i do really enjoy them.

3. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Saw a tailer in the theatre. I dunno....I was somewhat disappointed with the alst two, so I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

4. hawkeye

I'm a fan!

I've been a fan of Star Wars since the rerelease of the movies. Although I, like hincoq, was dissapointed with the last 2, I am still looking forward to the missing gap in the story.

5. nisomer

I think many of you guys who dislike the 2 prequels will change your minds after episode 3 comes out.

6. goratrix

The only disappointment I got so far from star wars was the actor the chose to be the grown anakin. He is a bad actor, period. Although he's hot, and probably got my attention the first time I saw the movie.

Anyway, I've liked star wars ever since I saw 'A new hope' for the fist time... and that was about... 10 or 12 years ago.

7. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Funny...people told me the same thing about Episode 2... :icon_wink

8. nisomer

yes, but i dont lie :icon_wink

9. Micah

Who cares if Hayden Christensen can't act? He's the eye candy that holds the whole film together :wink:. Seriously, IMO he's not that bad.

10. goratrix

Hey, when the move came out I thought that as well. Although after seeing it a bunch of times, and getting so many pics of him out of the internet... well... all in all I would have liked the movie better if they chose someone who cant act besides being good looking... You know what I mean.

Anyway... I've seen the trailer of episode 3... and I don't know If I like what I will see... anyway... I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of months.

11. Thundercizzle

I'm big on the Darkside. If I were in Star Wars I'd be a rebel Jedi with Darkside Power, but I would answer to no one. [Evil Laugh] WooHa Ha Ha!

12. Micah

Am I the only one who worries about Thunder's sanity :tongue:

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I couldn't possibly comment..... :slight_smile:

14. goratrix

Well. Considering that when I started playing KOTOR I said: I'll be complete light, and when I finished I was a bit red (dark) well... needless to say that I enjoy a bit being evil in the games. Anyway... thunder... I agree with you in the answering to none bit... But I don't like red for my lightsaber... isn't there a black one?

15. nisomer

For some reason I always choose the dark side, it seems more fun to be evil :slight_smile:

Anyways, on a different note related to Star Wars...In english class we had this huge paper that took up the whole quarter named the Oral history Paper. It was a paper in which we pick a topic, any topic, and had to get interviews on it and bring out the "human life" of the topic. Well, I wrote my 8-page paper on the Music of Star Wars. If anyone is interested in the music of Star Wars, I am told by many that it is a good read (we'll soon find out the truth when the teacher grades it :slight_smile:) well here it is...http://musicofstarwars.tk tell me what ya think of it

16. hawkeye

Ok, time to revive this thread, I just saw the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. Good Movie! and man, Hayden Christensen really does look good. That pretty much occupied my mind the whole time :slight_smile:
    Now to get a whole 3 hours of sleep before school tomorrow.

17. goratrix

You know, I'm actually considering spending the 200 dollars (it's a bit less, but feels like more!!) and going to Bueno Aires to watch it this weekend. Damn this country in which movies never arrive!

I just need to know where I'll get that kind of money by tomorrow... and yeah, still got to talk to my parents... oh, well... I guess if it's not this weekend then maybe next one...

18. hawkeye

yea, I'm sure the movie will be out for quite a while. It's showing on 5 screens or something like that at the theater in my town.

19. goratrix

any idea of when it's coming out in DVD??? I have subscribed to amazon so they keep me posted, but I REALLY want to watch it, and the best way to do it is at home, with my friends, my dog, my screen, and in DVD... with no interruptions and no crowd.

20. nisomer

Yeah I went the midnight showing with 12 other people, the movie was awesome! But our theater room was kinda dead. I mean people were dressed up and brought lightsabers and all that stuff, but I was the only one that entertained the audience during the 1.5 hour time before the movie started. There should be people dueling and having fun! IT'S THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF STAR WARS FOR GOD SAKE!! So, I took it upon myself to make it fun. My friend and I brought our lightsabers down to the bottom of the theater, turned on our sabers, and me and her started dueling. People started cheering and all that stuff, and then some random guy comes down, hits me and my friend with his saber, and runs away. We finished the duel with me taking her saber and using both sabers like scissors, cutting her head off :icon_smil. We got an applause and walked back to our seats with our other friends. A little bit after we wanted to challenge that one guy from before to a duel, but I guess we got kind of scared and decided not to lol.

Then the movie started!!! This was the moment that every star wars fan has been waiting for, and all I have to say is wow. It was exciting, it was fun, it was sad...it was tragic. What a great way to end 28 years of Star Wars movies. Although I must admit I am sad that it is the end. Yes, there will be television shows out, and they will probably re-release the movies sometime in 2007. But it won't be the same anymore, there won't really be something as big as the past movies to look forward to.

I just want to say now, thank you to George Lucas for the great movies that have changed my life. Thank you for bringing me this great story with aspects in which we all can relate to in our normal lives. And although I did not see the originals in the theater, I fell in love with them right away when I saw the special editions in 1997. I am glad to have lived in this time when Star Wars was around. It has been a wonderful ride.

Thank You George.