1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C.R.A.Z.Y. (French-Canadian gay film)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theJosephDean, Jul 3, 2011.

1. theJosephDean

C.R.A.Z.Y. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

So, I'm not going to describe the film; you can read the summary on Wikipedia. But I just finished it on Netflix, and I thought it was amazalings and wanted to share. :slight_smile:

Anyone who has a Netflix account (or any other means to see it) should definitely do so. French-speaking, English subbed. It starts out kinda slow, but it's pretty awesome.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great film, just saw it about a month ago. I would suggest just watching it rather than reading a summary first. It's not your typical story arc; it's just a wonderful story about a guy coming to terms with being gay and the interactions of his family and their combined problems. It's very realistic and, I think, a meaningful look into typical family dynamics.

3. SlickyPants

I thought it was a wonderful film. The story being great aside, it has one hell of a soundtrack too. A particular scene I like is when Zac is doing pushups with Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd playing.

Hot guy - Check.
    Hot tunes - Check.

4. theJosephDean

Haha, yup! When the movie gets to him being older, I was like, "Whoa how did he turn out so hot and his brothers so... not?" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. olides84

Ooh, I love that film. It might be my favorite gay-related film. You guys are totally right about the actor and the soundtrack. Zac just kept getting hotter and hotter with each new look he had as the years went by. And the music and the songs were amazing especially of course the whole Bowie/Space Oddity scene. Such a good flick.

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm ... I'll have to try to find this for free online.

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just watched it yesterday online with the recommendation of this post. I really enjoyed it. Zac was amazingly hot and it had a great story too. Was it based on a true story, does anyone know?

I watched it on YouTube if anyone is interested in finding it there. Trouble is two of the parts were missing but from what I could tell I didn't miss a whole lot of the film. :thumbsup:

8. Saikou7

I watched it today because of this post and I loved it.

9. ArcaneVerse

^this.

Loved it. definitely not your typical film.

10. Bi As A Kite

Saw this years ago, just caught it on some random channel, was hooked immediatly.

Does anyone else think the family smoked too much? :grin:

11. IanGallagher

Actually, just to stress a certain point: the protagonist has a girlfriend and also has feelings for guys, sometimes acting upon them despite being sexually turned on by his girlfriend. Meaning he's bisexual, not gay. He was in denial about liking other guys. His family is conservative so they don't understand sexuality beyond the labels. His girlfriend is upset to find that he also likes guys, girls aren't the most accepting of this. Basically just dropped in to fix term usage.

#11 IanGallagher, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  12. theJosephDean

Lol, I see your point :slight_smile: I only used "gay" in the topic title because that's how it was billed. I felt similarly while watching the film.

13. ArcaneVerse

Actually from what I remember it would only be safe to say he's not straight. Yes he has a gf on and off for most of the film but in the end he has to escape her and his family to go and be himself with a guy in another country and then he comes home and you dont see any more of his gf.

seeing as its not something discussed in depth you cant really say either way.

14. IanGallagher

Well, he didn't really "escape" her - she left him because she found out he liked other guys if I remember correctly. Though, it would much easier from a subjective view of getting dumped to view oneself as the one getting away lol. I still doubt he's fully gay, by the way he acted around her. But, kinsey number's definitely up in the air.