1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

manga/anime

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

is anyone else here into manga or anime? i've recently got pretty interested, and it's revived my passion for drawing, which had languished thanks to parental pressure. also, i have found the un-self-conscious, or sometimes deliberate, gay themes, in many manga/anime very very uplifting and inspiring. my favourite series atm is yami no matsuei, this fantasy-comedy about a load of angels of death (basically - it's quite complicated), and although it's not at all explicit, they're all gay, and there's so much cute suggestion and implications between them. *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* this video has clips of it set to "okay2bgay" - it's hilarious even if u've never seen the series, please watch:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M_QmYrFZlcM

so does anyone else watch/read the stuff? any recommendations?

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

lol i was brought up wiv anime my bro always watched em :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, gundam, dbz, sailor moon ^_^, saint seiya ranma :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, an di seen sum yaois ^_^

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

And i noticed that all the anime characters r perfect looking ¬__¬

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I love manga and anime! Bleach is my favourite Manga atm...and im quite freakishly absorbed by it atm haha

5. Tom

Tom Guest

i only read afew, as in berserk, d-grey man, some of deathnote but imbored of that atm, hunterxhunter, bleach (got bored of this 2 as i had better things to be doing than reading but i am starting to read it again) my favourite is either berserk or d-grey man but berserks a monthly manga and its annoying!!!!!!!

6. Tom

Tom Guest

bah spelt d-gray man wrong i always do tht but o well i havent read it in ages.

hmm mabe i shud read the new chapters tht r out

7. pirateninja

Dragonball (Z/GT), YuYu Hakusho, One Piece, FMA... I love most manga.

8. Kibuki kid

I still wonder about the name sometimes........but i love bleach

YAY!!! D.Gray-man rules!!!! Get to reading *whip cracking* :dead:*getting to worked up*

Has anyone watched any of the following:

Black Blood Brothers
    Black Lagoon
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan
    Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou

9. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

I love Manga/Anime My favourite being Cardcaptor Sakura!

10. crimsonarcher

i am addicted to anime, i swear.

i like inuyasha,- feudal japanese action!
    FMA,- scientific pathos!
    Elfen Lied- gory, violent, yet sad and melancholy...
    Bleach- very spiritual!
    Evangelion- religious to the point of controversy!
    S-cry-ed- combo of science and action in one island!
    Trinity Blood- vampires!
    Saikano- tragic, warring love story...
    Okane ga nai (yaoi)- intersting, yet sad relationship...
    negima!- magical schools at its best!
    spirral- detectives in the city!

#10 crimsonarcher, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  11. Astaroth

I'm a huge fan of Trinity Blood. I'm just so sad that the creator died before the first season even finished. Catherina Sforza rules! In fact, I'm drawing a cell-shaded picture on Catherina Sforza right now. I'll post it on the link in my signature as soon as it's done. Otherwise, I also like Blood X and Bleach (that whole block of Adult Swim is set to tape every weeknight on my VCR). I enjoy Inuyasha, especially the whole mythos of the demon trapped in the tree (it resonates of old Russian folklore), but some episodes are a little too lighthearted for me. I like my anime dark and angsty.