1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torchwood: Miracle day

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BradThePug, Jul 7, 2011.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did anybody else on here watch Torchwood when it was on?? I was so sad when they took it off. The last mini season really sucked.. But now they are bringing it back, and I'm interested to see how they do it, considering they killed off most of the cast.

So what do you guys think?? Will it be good or will it suck??

2. Katelynn

OMG! I can't wait for this! They're showing Miracle Day in Canada on July 9th & I'm sooo looking forward to it! They did a Torchwood marathon last weekend & showed all 3 seasons (1 season per day) & I loved the whole series, except that they killed off three main characters. From what I understand this one will be set in LA & will have many American actors like Bill Pulmman joining the cast. Kai Owens (Gwen Cooper's husband Rhys) is now been promoted to a regular cast member & he's pretty good. I glad Gwen & Captain Jack are returning but I really wished they hadn;t killed off the others. Still, I can't wait to see how things shape up. Plus, it's Torchwood, There's nothing to say they can't find some way to write deceased characters back into the Torchwood world...

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah good point... I am excited about it coming back. I liked the other cast members as well. I wish they hadn't killed them off. It will be weird having it set in LA instead of Cardiff..

4. Katelynn

Yeah I was thinking that too. I was really bummed that it wasn;t in Cardiff either & I'm especially bummed the The Hub was destroyed at the beginning of Children Of Earth. Hoefully they writers have really done a top-notch job & really written an excellent story. John Barrowman is an amazing actor, so he should be able to stay in top form (I love Captain Jack, he's just so witty & charismatic). I also really waiting to see if something happens between Jack & Gwen, as there's definitely something there...

5. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I';m so excited about it. But it wont be the same with all the new characters. I didnt care too much that owen and tosh died, but I liked Ianto so much!
    I heard they were american actors, that'll be so weird. I'm not expecting it to be as good

6. Katelynn

I'm optimistic, since Jack, Gwen & Rhys are back & I guess that Gwen's former police partner (can't remember the name) has been promoted to regular cast member status now too, for comic relief tho I think. All in all, I'm looking forward to it. Plus Gwen will have a child now, so it should be interesting to see how she balances everything!

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2011 at 05:55 PM ----------

That's funny. A promo for the show just came on!

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully it will be good since they are having some old cast members back. Also, it will be interesting to see how they have Gwen balance everything since she has a kid now..

8. Katelynn

I've been reading abit about it on Wikipedia. I guess Bill Pullman's character is like this murderer or something. Should be interesting how he fits in the story...

9. Gordon

I so cannot wait for this, John Barrowman is so hot and an amazing actor, just wish they didn't kill off Owen.

10. Katelynn

I really liked Owen & Ianto & Tosh, they all had their moments, but Ianto & Owen could really be funny sometimes, especially Ianto...

11. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to watch Torchwood!
    I am just catching up on Dr. Who so I want to hold off on the offshoots for now...
    It's nice knowing that this will be here to watch when I finish Torchwood's original episodes, though.

12. Katelynn

I haven't seen any of the Dr Who episodes at all! I'm wondering where I should start with that, really. With the original series or the revival of the series? Do I have to see any of the original ones to understand the revival episodes at all?

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you really don't have to see the original series to understand the revival. They do a good job making things clear since they knew there was going to be a new audience.

14. Katelynn

Good to know. From friends I have who are already fans, it's suppposed to worth watching. And one of my friends said that Waters Of Mars (title?) was really good!!!

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That episode was amazing, but it's really sad though. I would watch the season before you watch that episode though. Some of it would make more sense then.

Also, I just watched the premiere of Torchwood, and it was pretty good. It was different, but not in a bad way different. We'll have to see how the rest of the season goes.

#15 BradThePug, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  16. Gordon

I'm not too sure about "waters of mars" wasn't my favorite but David Tenant will always be my favorite doctor.

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it wasn't my favorite, but it was still a good episode.

18. Katelynn

I saw the new Torchwood on Monday & when Captain Jack suddenly appeared, OMG! I was sooo happy! Gwen & Rhys were really funny too when that elderly couple came to the door & they both just totally armed themselves to answer the door. I think it's really going to be interesting this season! I'm also really hoping they rebuild The Hub too, but probably not since they'll all be in LA...

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That would be cool if they did rebuild. I did think the whole rearming scene was great. It still throws me off that they are taking the show to LA.

20. Katelynn

Me too. I thought it was awesome near the end when Gwen had the rocket launcher in the back of the Jeep. And I'm curious to see how Bill Pullman's character is going to fit in to all of this too. He plays the character so well, I just really dislike him! Episode 2 is on here tonite I think, so I'm waiting in anticipation! Can't wait to see Captain Jack again & how he will deal with his 'issue'...