1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Favorite/Random Recipes!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Nov 18, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

Ok I love to cook and bake. And even if you don't I'm sure you enjoy food! Now I think this will be cool because since everyone here lives all over the world there is different cultures and tastes. yes i've taken into consideration the different measurements. just post the recipe in your measurements. if someone wants to use it but needs to convert use this site i found that i hope is helpful:
    http://www.wwrecipes.com/convert.htm
    and please have tried the the product that you post. it doesn't have to be the exact same recipe. :slight_smile:

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yayyyy! i love cooking. it makes me happy :icon_bigg .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    BEST Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies!

INGREDIENTS

* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 cup butter, softened
    * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
    * 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
    * 1 egg
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 2 cups confectioners' sugar
    * 3 tablespoons milk
    * 1 tablespoon melted butter
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; set aside.
    2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients (from step 1). Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
    3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
    4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

i just made this over the weekend and they are some awesome chocolate chip cookies! plus this recipe yeilds a ton!

Worlds Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 c Granulated sugar
    1 c Brown sugar
    1 c Butter
    1 tb Vanilla
    2 Eggs, slightly beaten
    3 c Flour
    3/4 ts Baking soda
    3/4 ts Salt
    3 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 c Chopped nuts (optional)

Instructions

This recipe is said to have come from a famous cookie maker. So make, bake, and compare to see if these cookies aren't "the real thing." One feature that distinguishes these cookies from traditional chocolate chip cookies is their perfect size. It comes from using a small size ice cream scoop to drop them onto the cookie sheet.
    Preheat oven to 350°.
    In a large bowl, combine sugars; add in butter and cream together with the sugar. Add vanilla and eggs; mix together.
    In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture. Mix well; the dough will be stiff. Add the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
    Line the cookie sheets with baking parchment or wax paper. Drop dough with a small ice cream scoop onto the sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Is it just sweet pastry thingys your looking for, cause there's this really nice chicken recipe i made once....

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

no. all recipes are good!

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

1:sugar
    2:spice
    3:and everything nice

^_^

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Duck wrap for Lunch
    Duck contains lean protein, which will help your body to regulate its blood-sugar level, as well as boosting your energy levels and improving your mood.

INGREDIENTS
    1 breast of roast Duck sliced & warmed
    2 Wraps
    2 tsp grain mustard
    2 tsp mayonnaise
    2 cups of rocket leaves
    1 ripe tomato, sliced
    1 ripe avocado, peeled & sliced
    Shredded tasty cheese
    2 slices of bacon cooked
    Salt & freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp honey

METHOD
    Mix the mustard, honey and mayonaise together

Spread the wrap with a little of the mustard mayonasie.

Place the lettuce leafs, tomato, bacon, cheese, Duck and avocado slices on the bread and roll it up.

Season with a little salt freshly ground black pepper.

Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal before serving.

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Honey fried chicken.

INGREDIENTS
    1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 packet chicken bouillon granules
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 quart vegetable oil for frying

Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then coat each seasoned chicken piece with honey.
    In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the garlic powder, chicken bouillon granules and flour. Dredge honey coated chicken pieces in flour mixture, coating completely.
    Fill a large, heavy skillet with oil to a depth of one inch. Heat over medium-high heat.
    Fry chicken for at least 5 minutes per side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

It was quite nice. Worth making for dinner sometime