1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "Degrassi” Intro (Season 11)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Messed Up, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I don’t like it... what do you think...now it looks like the gay dudes are muscle heads...I don’t like it...

Vass do you tink?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTSSVrKRPM[/YOUTUBE]

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is this about? Which ones are the gay ones?

3. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

LOL This is a Canadian TV drama that is a hit around the world. It’s about the lives of the students of Degrassi High in Toronto, Canada. The show has garnered praise from the LGBTQ Community for years for its portrayal of the aforementioned community in high school settings and showing them as real individuals instead of characters or stereotypes.

For the past three seasons they have introduced two, masculine gays on the football team and they are the two lifting weights.

I don’t like this new intro. They look like muscleheads (as I said before) LOL...in previous seasons they showed one hitting a goal on the football field and the other just playfully smiling in the locker room which was cute. This, this makes them look angry and brooding...bah!

#3 Messed Up, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  4. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

5 things: 1) Why didn't they have the baby's name? 2) Zane and Riley ARE on the football team, so it made sense- but your right, it wasn't the most flattering intro ever. 3) I hope we see more of Weasly- he's so cute! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 4) Oo, I think I see some Sav/Ms. O flirtation there... 5) I'm glad they kept the logo on the back of Drew's jacket- when you think about it, it's been there for a while.
    Overall, it's ok. But I worry- when will they stop making Degrassi? :frowning2:

5. Markio

I don't think I ever liked the Degrassi intro to begin with. Remember those seasons where Emma stuck her tongue out at the camera? That went on for like three seasons! It's not playful or spontaneous when you see it every single episode.

6. Tim

Tim

Or the back of Marco's coat. After the first few seasons, that got really annoying.

I for one like Riley and Zane's new place in the promo. Better than Zane being with the cheerleaders and Riley catching a football for 3 seasons.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tim you are great. I personally think this makes more sense. They're football players so they're training. And it shows that some gays aren't ALL about flamboyancy and shit. There are some who are masculine and in sports too. Would you prefer them with the cheerleaders?

8. Paper Heart

The Degrassi intro has always been bad! It's just gotten worse in my opinion. 1-5 had virtually the same intro.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNxuK92qkes[/youtube]

Then went to "Soap Opera pose!" in season 6-7
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawSDAg9Qo0&feature=related[/youtube]

Then tried to be bashful since then. I just hate the "Look a Camera!" Expressions...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOlne6xYW4[/youtube]

9. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I knew someone would say “Would you rather them...”, that’s not the point. Show them enjoying each other’s company, playing football and having fun, something that didn’t look so serious and muscleheady...

10. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

ah, degrassi, with it's sucky intros and rep as a soap oprah. 's a good thing it's an awesome show :slight_smile:

11. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just saw the Adam & Dave episodes and OMG.. it almost made me cry. It was so etremely well done! They have done an excellent job with the transgender storyline so far, and really highlighted the transgender issues in high school. Wow.. I'm just really impressed! I only wish they would have done as good of a job with the gay storyline, but the gay storyline is kinda lost right now.. sigh.

Anyway, if you have the opportunity then please watch Cry Me A River (Part 1 & 2). It was soo good!

12. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

wahhh! Riley and Zane broke up! :tears:

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know but they'll probably get back together once Riley stops being a douche.

14. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

but that's not very realistic :frowning2: this show is all about realism- here, i think they were making a point of saying that being in a gay relationship is awesome, but first loves can't last forever (correct my bitter self im wrong here lol)

15. Emberstone

Whats wrong with a couple of musclehead gay teens?

I am growing into kind of a muscle head myself.

16. ANightDude

Riley? Zane is a COMPLETE ass. Not only is he a walking PSA (who gets his historical facts wrong), but he causes so much crap and constantly forces his terrified, anger managing needing boyfriend to come out to his foreign, conservative family when he knows he isn't ready to. Not only that, he makes him chose between his family and himself. Riley did good dumping him, it's about time.

17. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I stopped watching Degrassi basically after JT was killed.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll admit he wasn't amazing but there are times when I'm like...he's still cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And he's just trying to help Riley. Coming out is tough...and having a boyfriend who's trying to push him out of the closet is good. I'm glad my bf got me to tell my parents.

19. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

“Musclehead" I thought meant someone who has muscle but nothing much in the head (like, they cared for nothing BUT muscle and lacked in the substance department)

I’m not implying anything towards your pride at being a person who likes having muscles but I’m sure you have brains. I think a term you might be thinking of is “Gym Rat” which I think is cool. I always thought “Muscleheads” had nothing better on their minds hence the muscle head.

There’s NOTHING WRONG with the gay teens in the gym but the way it was shown seemed so unlike their characters, and rather “musclehead”-like. Why not show Zane playing football or Riley getting more in tune with his newfound identity leading the school’s LGBT-Straight Alliance Club weekly meeting or something.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2011 at 01:17 AM ----------

I agree with you

20. Tim

Tim

Zane pressuring Riley to come out, is yes, a douchey thing. HOWEVER, he already came out. His mom just chose to ignore it, and now Riley is pretending it never happened either. He WAS ready, his mother wasn't.

However, Riley pretending to be straight and wanting Zane to be okay with it while still dating him, however, is not okay, in my books. Some people may consider that fine, but honestly, from my perspective, I was in the closet long enough. I'm not being forced back into it for someone else, no matter how much I like them.