1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people changing lyrics of songs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by alan t, Jul 23, 2011.

1. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So a lot of people record themselves singing popular songs and put it on youtube and stuff right. But sometimes they change the lyrics. There are two ways:

1) if it's a female musician singing about a guy she likes, and then it's a guy covering the song he'll change the genders around and say "she" instead of "he".
    Why can't they sing the original words? Would it make them look gay if they did that?
    I don't know why but this really bothers me a lot. I can't stand to hear these songs when they do this.

2) The other one, is people singing Lady Gaga's "Born this way" and throwing out all the lines with the LGBT-related words in them. I guess they don't see the irony of singing that particular song and then doing that. Why would they even want to sing a song that was explicitly advertised as a "gay song" if they're going to remove the gay lines??

2. Markio

I can kind of understand when cover artists change the genders around, because then the words are true for them if they're straight. Nevertheless, I still wish that there were more songs sung with same-gender pronouns. I kind of want to write a song just so that this would be the case.

I also agree with #2.

3. djt820

It's called ARTISTIC EXPRESSION. I often change lyrics if I indeed perform a cover.

I particularly like it when artists add lyrics to a cover. For example, Michael Jackson added a whole new melody and lyrics to his cover of Yellow Magic Orchestra's Behind The Mask.

#3 djt820, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011