1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aus Idol: Runner Ups Rock

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CelebrityHead, Nov 25, 2007.

1. CelebrityHead

I'm so glad Matt Corby didn't win Australian Idol. It used to be that the runner ups were much more successful than the winners of Australian Idol (maybe with the exception of '06 because Damien Leith was just the best :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). But that could have changed because the last two runner ups were intent on forming/joining a pop group.

Also, there's the fact that the winner has to record a dozen or so generic, boring pop songs that have been written for them and spoon fed to them by the producers to make an uninspiring debut album. Other successful contestants have been able to write their own music and provide an album with a feel that coincides a lot more with themselves than the winner's album could.

IMO
    '03: Shannon Noll > Guy Sebastian
    '04: Anthony Callea > Casey Donovan
    '05: Emily Williams = Kate DeAraugo (both in Young Divas)
    '06: Jessica Mauboy < Damien Leith

What are your thoughts?

(Sorry for making another Australian thread, I know there's been a lot lately!)

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about it... often people make specific-nationality threads without even realising it, so it's nice that you at least realised that people outside Australia are probably not going to know who the Australian Idols are.

3. dictionary

Ummm i dont realy like the young divas and if you asked many who Emily Williams and Jessica Mauboy are they wouldent have a clue...

The runer up is often more sucksesful aswell because they arnt resticted to the contract they signed when they first auditioned...

Last night dico sad it takes a few years for the real artist out of the aus idol winners to come out....

4. CrimsonThunder

I agree with you CH.

Even though I hate Australian Idol. How about we put some good music on there? Like some Scandinavian Death Metal... That would be funny XD

5. CelebrityHead

I don't like them either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. CelebrityHead

That reminds me of World Idol when the Norwegian (I think) Idol winner sang Lithium by Nirvana... That was hiarious, but hard to describe, so just trust me lol.

7. CrimsonThunder

8. CelebrityHead

^ That guy is good, that's why he won.

Okay, no, this guy wasn't Norwegian... okay I just did my research and he's from Belgium. It was Peter Evrard.

9. waitingsucks

LOL I'm australian and I only really know the names of the first two aus idols. lol