1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heores Season Finale in Australia

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kuzmaster, Nov 27, 2007.

1. kuzmaster

Im sorry, but im just really angry at Prime.

I don't know why I care, as I download the episodes as they come out, but for some reason (Im thinking its got something to do with the WGA strike) Prime is deciding to use episode 9 as the season finale :frowning2:

Although I spose it has to end sometime soon regarding Christmas and so on, I think that they could have waited 2 more weeks for the proper season finale and went out with a much bigger bang...

2. waitingsucks

so how many eps are they skipping. I though it was a really short season. I'm really peeved off because they already put it at a bad time-slot. *grumbles*

3. SkyTears

This makes me so sad. Heros is the only reason I have TV.:lol:

4. Evilmonkey

i thought it was a short season because of the writers strike, or because they are taking a mid season break for a short while... anyway i think they cut prsion break short too, soo pissed off

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You guys (as far as I know so far, as I have not seen episode 11, which is the last one here in Canada and the US) are not missing anything as ep 9 is amazing while ep 10 is dreck.

But maybe ep 11 will redeem things.

6. dictionary

I cant stand Heros, lost, Prison break they are neverending and just get so anoying.

7. waitingsucks

Prison Break and Lost are worst by far.
    The whole point of Prison break was to escape from Prison and they Just went back thr anyway. The annoying thing with lost is they always advertise something like "all ur questions will be answered" or the time they sed u'd see the monster it was just black smoke around Mr. Echo and also the writers have no clue were there going which means it doesn't really even have a basic story. O yea anyway m,y Hierarchy of those shows go:
    1. Heroes (Hiro Nakamura, by himself makes it worth watching)
    2. Prison Break (Only because Wentworth Miller is cute =D)
    3. Lost. only because its been going nowhere the longest (there are hot guys but there only interested in Kate... boring!)

8. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. Don't watch TV much at night anymore.

9. kuzmaster

Oops, you dissed Lost.
    I love Lost.

But anyway, the writers (Well, at least Carlton and Daemon) know what is going on. They said in a podcast that they never start anything without knowing roughly where and how it will end.

And I do feel that Lost is going somewhere and it has a fantastic story line, but its often that people don't like it because they cant keep up with everything and remember everything... I just love how all the characters are all connected.
    It really is a small world after all

10. Astaroth

^^ amen to that about Lost.

I am a long-time fan of Lost since Season One. The intriguing thing about Lost is that it doesn't give you all the answers. If it did, there would be no point in watching anymore. It reminds me of Hitchcock movies in that the less you know, the scarier it is. Except in Lost's case, the less we know (and the more we "think" we know) the more shocking it is when they suddenly throw a curveball at us.

Lost has recently signed off for Seasons Four, Five, and Six, and they have stated that the finale of Season Six will be be the series finale as well. A statement like that makes me think that although the writers may not know all of the details of the story arc ahead of time, they at least have a rough outline to go by to get through each season (and the entire series in general). The problem that Lost suffers from is that it doesn't use the same writers for most episodes. Occasionally, the creators step in to take the helm on pivotal episodes, but most of the time the writer's room gathers to discuss the episode and then it's free-form from there. Are there plot lines that got dropped and never picked up again? Absolutely. But that's one of the great qualities about the show: those dropped lines could show up again at the most unexpected times. The other fantasic thing about Lost is the interweaving set of secondary characters that keep showing up in the backgrounds of multiple Losties. It may not seem realistic, but that's part of the fun. Is there some conspiracy that binds all these seemingly disparate people together? Or is it just a fluke?

11. kuzmaster

Yeah, ive been a fan from the beginning and loved every bit of it. I was hooked at the end of the second episode with the polar bear.

And yes, it seems as though the less you know, the more you know. If you were told all of the secrets, then it just wouldn't be appealing at all. Although it is nice for them to answer small things every now and again.

Like the monster. That was the best. We all wanted to see the monster, so they showed us, but that only asked so many more questions