1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringer - The Return Of Sarah Michelle Gellar to TV!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Katelynn, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Katelynn

OK, so I haven't seen a thread about this yet, but I do know there a few Buffy fans here on EC, so I was just wondering how many people here are looking forward to the series premiere of Sarah's new show called Ringer? I am so super excited for this show! I am a HUGE Sarah Michelle Gellar fan & I was so happy when I heard she was doing a new show! For those of you who haven't heard about the show yet, here's a bit of info from Wikipedia:

Series synopsis

Twin sisters Bridget and Siobhan (both played by Gellar) have been at odds for the last eight years and find that their lives are both unraveling at the same rate. Bridget, a recovering alcoholic, is on the run from the mob after witnessing a murder. She flees to her twin sister Siobhan's home. The sisters seem to be repairing their broken relationship until Siobhan mysteriously disappears overboard during a boat trip the sisters take together. Bridget soon discovers her sister's seemingly perfect life is full of secrets after she is attacked in Siobhan's home.

Cast and characters

Main cast
    Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget Kelly/Siobhan Martin. Bridget, a young troubled woman wanted by the mob, goes on the run and takes on the life of her recently departed, wealthy twin sister Siobhan.
    Nestor Carbonell as Victor Machado, an FBI agent whose job it is to keep Bridget safe.
    Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, a self-made millionaire whose marriage to Siobhan is struggling as he deals with his work and keeping his daughter out of trouble.
    Mike Colter as Malcolm Ward, a recovering addict who serves as Bridget's NA sponsor.
    Tara Summers as Gemma Butler, Siobhan's best friend.
    Kristoffer Polaha as Henry Butler, Gemma's husband, who works as a writer, is unhappy with his life and having an affair with Siobhan.
    Zoey Deutch as Juliet Martin, Siobhan's step-daughter, the daughter of Andrew.

I should also point out that Sarah's character, Bridget, is also a former stripper according to the series info I was reading. BTW, having Sarah play twins is brilliant!!! Twice the enjoyment & hottness as far as I'm concerned!!!

It's about 20 minutes to go to the series premiere where I am, but I just wanted to let those who might be interested know about the show & see what anyone thinks about it all! I, for one, am super psyched!!! (!)(!)(!) (!)(!)(!)

2. Katelynn

Well, episode 1 is done & I must say, that was quite enjoyable! Very noir, but then, Sarah is a great actress, so I just know that there will be plenty of twists & turns in the plot! Holy Hannah! I enjoyed trying to see just where tonites episode was going! Did anyone else watch this tonite?

3. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never watched Buffy - or really anything major with Sarah in it so I didn't watch this because of her.

I heard about this on the radio this morning, and I thought it was interesting so I watched it this afternoon and instantly recognized her. Anyways, I really liked the show. I hope the keep up this constant curveball. So many twists just in the pilot!

4. RaeofLite

I kept seeing Eliza Dushku do her own show but it's nice to see SM Gellar doing something again. :slight_smile: Btw, both ladies are cool in my books. lol

5. Katelynn

I agree Rae! Both Eliza & Sarah are great actresses that are just always enjoyable to watch! I was a bit bummed that Eliza's show, where she played a coroner, wasn't on for too long, but I am very happy Sarah has decided to come back & give network TV her talents again! Just based on the pilot episode, I can tell that there will probably be a lot of plot changes that will keep us all guessing!:thumbsup:

6. Tim

Tim

Sounds a lot like the book The Lying Game - which the show it spawned doesn't really follow the story of. >_>