1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks alot to... ThatCrazyThang...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CrimsonThunder, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

All hes been doing lately is talking about the iPhone and now I want one!! :cry:

So I need informations on it, I was looking on ebay and some had different firmwares, can you upgrade firmware? Also is it easy to install new programs and stuff on there? =]

Thanks ThatCrazyThang =P

2. CrimsonThunder

Well I've been told that its not available in aus but on ebay they're selling them so you can use any sim card and its made for australia, but i've been told that they wont work if u update them. (it bricks it apparantly)

but I might get an ipod touch! its basically the same minus the camera, speakers and phone. I already got a phone that can do that anyway. =] (I must admit it was the touch part and the flippy album thing that got me excited... i also liked the keyboard tho =[ )

3. Ty

Ty Guest

haha =p awww im sorry XD

www.apple.com/iphone will have all spesificaitons and shizzle

and youtube has alot of review videos =] x

4. Zak

Zak

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ebay is risky btw i was boti to oder sumthin from there but my m8 sed dotn so i dint

6. CrimsonThunder

Some people sell refurbished stuff, which might be dodgey.

7. neverover

i prefer n95 8gb, tho

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I really wouldn't buy something like an iPhone on eBay. If you get one at all it probably won't be the version for your country as it'll come from China or somewhere. Plus you probably won't be able to get it fixed if it goes wrong.

It is more expensive, but get one from a reputable supplier in your area or direct from a mobile network company.

If despite this you do get one on eBay, make sure you pay on PayPal using a credit card. Then if it doesn't arrive you have the PayPal protection and if they don't help you can get a chargeback through the credit card company. Avoid any suppliers that want Western Union Money Transfer or some other payment method outside eBay where you have no way of getting your money back if the seller fails to supply.

9. CelebrityHead

That's some good advice. My brother bought a AU$1600 set of mags for his car on eBay, via direct bank deposit, and he never received his wheels or his money back.

Whenever I buy stuff on eBay, I always use PayPal and my Visa debit card. And I always check the seller's reputation and feedback, as they are very important in determining the integrity and honesty of the seller.

10. best thing for you to do is make sure you get a iphone that has a firmware of 1.1.1, i should know it's easy to get help, if you screw up anything, for anything under 1.1.1. it's pretty easy to install 3rd party applications. i had my phone for about a week and i went through probably the worst problem and got through that with only help from iphone hackers and their guidance, if you can wait though til it comes to your country it'll be for the best.

11. Nicknikko

your a menie head... ;p ;p ;p;p;p;p;p;p;p if it a wasn't because i love you.. haha