1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd/Dark Side Of The Moon fans rejoice!!! New release by EMI!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Katelynn, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Katelynn

OK, for those who don't know or haven't heard, Pink Floyd's Why Pink Floyd release schedule starts with phase one on 26th September in Europe and 27th September in USA/ROW.

The first set of things to be released are all 14 remastered studio albums ‘Discovery’ editions, Box-set of all 14 albums with photo book, Audio downloads of ‘Discovery’ albums and box-set, The Dark Side of The Moon – ‘Immersion’ and ‘Experience’ editions, Vinyl LP and digital editions.

The main item of interest to the majority of fans will likely be the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Edition as this features an abundance of material that all fans can get excited about! This will be released by the dates above & the Youtube trailer for this release is below. I am a HUGE Pink Floyd fan, so the Immersion edition of DSOTM is a MUSt for me! Plus it's a great way to enjoy my fave Pink Floyd album. For this release, it will be 6 discs of DSOTM goodness!!! (!)(!)(!)

Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion Box Set video.mov - YouTube

I should also point out that there will also be a 5-disc Immersion edition of Wish You Were Here released & a 7-disc version of The Wall released, both next year! God, I'm already counting the days until Sept 27th! Until then, I'm seeing a Pink Floyd trbute on Sept 24th, so it should keep me going until then!

Anyone else excited for this release?

2. Shevanel

Very, Very Excited.

3. SlickyPants

I've had the Immersion Editions pre-ordered on Amazon for a few months now. I don't think I'll bother with the other albums though. I already have them all. The only reason I'm buying these is for all the extra goodies. I also ordered the vinyls too because I just inherited my dad's turntable and am trying to get a small collection going.

EDIT: "Inherited" is probably the wrong word to use. My father didn't die or anything. He was just getting rid of his old stereo setup and was going to junk it but I offered to take it off his hands.

#3 SlickyPants, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  4. djt820

Looks alright, I guess. The only things I would want to hear would be Disc 3 and Disc 6. The album honestly doesn't need to be remastered again.