1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RaeofLite, Sep 26, 2011.

1. RaeofLite

Just curious how many people have read Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy, or seen the Swedish films. Hollywood and Columbia pictures is making their version of it and it's out this December in Theatres. While I think the books and Swedish films are great, I'm also looking forward to seeing this version as well. :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLvMg62RPA&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

2. Gallatin

I've read the first two. I thought they were absolutely amazing! I couldn't put them down. I've still got to get my hands on the third one.

I've never seen the movies but I do intend to watch both the Swedish and Hollywood versions. They both look good.

3. Shevanel

After seeing the first film, I would really like to read all the books.

I loved the first film, I thought it was rather amazing. But this other adaptation is looking to be amazing as well. David Fincher directing <3

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I saw the Swedish film. I did wish they had just left it alone and not adapted it for American audiences but from what I’ve seen from the full American trailer they look spot on from the original movie. I have been meaning to read the books! It was an awesome movie. I did a paper on it for a gender and crime class.

5. Katelynn

This thread just reminded me of the 'need to add to my reading list' I have to do for these books! I haven't seen any of the movies yet, so I'm debating if I want to wait until after I've read the books or if I want to see the movies & then read them...

6. Shevanel

As long as you understand it's not a remake of the first adaptation, but a second adaptation. Supposedly the Swedish film differs from the book some, noticeably too.

7. RaeofLite

Definately read it first Kiersten. If you like crime, thriller, romance, mystery all rolled into one, you'll get more than you bargained for. Larsson's so descriptive it can get a bit much in some spots, but it's definately worth the time spent reading it.

It's definately one of the best series I've ever read.

8. maverick

I have the first book sitting on my life, but I haven't read it yet. The movie looks kickass though, and I'm already looking forward to seeing it just based on that trailer.

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I slogged over halfway through the first book a couple months ago. It has so many ups and downs regarding my interest in it that it makes it really difficult to push on. I have to finish it by December, eh? Hmm...

10. MadSeed

MadSeed Guest

I've read all three books and watched the Swedish movies and I really liked them all, though the first book was the most interesting. Lisbeth is definitely one of my all time favourite characters. And I think I will watch the American version as well, at least out of curiosity - I like the trailer.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even know there was any film BUT the swedish.

I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo at the cinema and had to look away for much of it. I was with an ex at the time... We didn't do anything but cuddle that night. Definitely a disturbing film, but a compelling enough story line.

12. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Haven't read the book, but the first two movies were really freaking good. The movies are so graphic that I actually had to get up for some scenes, but I think those scenes give the movies what it is.

I really don't get why they have to remake them, but oh well xD Hope they are good.

13. Beachboi92

I've yet to read the books but me and my friend stumbled upon the movies on netflix and fell in love, so i've watched all of them and i'm excited to see the new movie :x I would like to read the books but i need to finish this other book im reading first xD

14. Bix

Bix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read all 3 books this summer, and they were absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite series now. I highly suggest everyone read them. It was hard to put them down when I needed some sleep.

The movie looks pretty awesome as well, can't wait to see it.

15. mischa91

I've read the first 2 and am looking to get the 3rd book. Haven't seen any of the films yet though. i did see the trailer for the american adaptation recently and it looks amazing.