1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang Theory's Amy getting sexualized?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mogget, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mogget

It seems like the writers are vamping up Amy's sexuality. She's always had a slight libido, but these past few episodes she's implied she had the hots for Sheldon, bemoaned not having a date for prom, and implied she might want to sleep with Penny. I'm not sure I like this. Having flashes of sexuality was fun and made her different from Sheldon, but full-on interest? I'm not sure it works.

2. Rissyroo

Rissyroo Guest

I dunno... It's different, kind of, right now. And it doesn't seem like it's actually 'working' however... Let's give it sometime, it mind end up alright. If not, hopefully the writers will make a change. c;

3. Katelynn

I think what was more interesting in this latest episode was Sheldon's reaction - hitting Leonard & stating very firmly 'Not for you!' in reference to Amy. Although, yes, I've noticed the writers amping up Amy's interest in sex as well. Mostly it looks like it's for comic effect, but I think it looks like things are heading towards Ay & Sheldon reaching a point where they both hook up eventually. Perhaps they're just leading up to this moment by showing how each character is coming to that point, although Amy looks like she'll reach that point long before Sheldon will, if not already...

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Amy is so frikkin annoying, and the reason I don't watch the show anymore. I CANNOT STAND HER. Sorry, I just had to put that in caps. She's annoying as hell, she is over the top, and not in a funny way. She ruins the show. I don't like her interaction with the other characters either. She' just blah. Oh well.. thanks to her I have one less show to watch.

The writers should have used their brains and gotten rid of her after last season. I know MANY people who can't stand her and don't watch it anymore because of her. Others are more mellow, but say she's starting to get on their nerves and might stop watching if she gets any more annoying. Keeping Amy on the show was the WORST. DECISION. EVER. I'll be the first to say "told you so" when the ratings plummet and the show ends up getting canceled. They made their own bed, now they just have to lay in it. They had a choice, they could have gotten rid of her, but they didn't. Now watch the show completely fall apart. It's only a matter of time. I can't wait to see this show getting canceled after what they did to it. Yes, I am pissed off. It used to be my favorite sitcom, but now I can't watch it at all anymore. Congrats to the writers who ruined this for me.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2011 at 09:39 PM ----------

And thereby is the problem with the writers. They are complete idiots, morons. The FUN part with Sheldon has ALWAYS been that he's asexual and clueless, that was actually what I LIKED about him. I have read MANY message boards, and it seems like most viewers shared my opinion. Most stated that they actually DID NOT WANT Sheldon to ever get a girlfriend or hook up, because that wouldn't be him. He is fun and cute as he is, he is who he is, no need to change him. Yet the writers are willing to do just that, even though most viewers actually don't want it. The writers are willing to change a character we've been invested in for the last 4 years, yeah... good idea that *rolling eyes* Lets see the reactions to the viewers when this eventually happens, when Sheldon and Amy hooks up. This makes me actually glad I stopped watching when I did. I'd rather not watch at all than watch this trainwreck explode and the ratings plummet. Just wait, it will get canceled, how soon is anyone's guess though. Again, it's the writers fault. Who knows, maybe they WANT the show to end? It certainly seems they're doing everything in their power to make it happen.

5. Mogget

I'd blacked out the "she's not for you" scene. That was awful and made no sense given Sheldon's well-established asexuality and aromanticism. I like Amy, though; she's an interesting foil to both Sheldon and Penny (and to a lesser extent Bernadette) and I think her reactions and observations are delightful. If Sheldon and Amy do hook up, I will be very disappointed.

6. pronua

I just watched some recent episodes tonight, and I have to say Amy is definitely changing. I still find myself laughing out loud at her scenes, though :slight_smile:

7. Bosco

I love the additional element that Amy brings into the show. The past few episodes have been a little too much, I agree, but on the whole she has definitely produced a fair bit of chuckles from me.

The entire scene where Sheldon says 'not for you' was poorly written.

Although I feel like they should stick with him bein asexual, characters don't have to be static... But he also puts a train into his mouth... That totally throws off the whole germophobe thing :frowning2:

8. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg Amy's one of my favorite characters that I love in BBT. She's so funny when she's serious and her view on relationship as strictly scientific is so hilarious. I have yet to watch the new season but I hope she sticks around for awhile.

9. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Guess I'm the only one who hates her, huh? And I mean HATE WITH A PASSION. She's over the top, sexualized and not funny at all. I cannot stand her. She's annoying as hell.

If she just had a minimal role, then I could get past her, or well.. at least TRY to ignore her scenes, but I can't do that, because she's INFESTING the show. She is in every scene and it kinda affects negatively on all of the characters. Oh well.. TBBT is dead to me now anyway, it's not like I care anymore. She ruined the show for me, and I won't get it back, so I just had to move on, and I am.