1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florence + the Machine

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kerze, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is not a thread about Florence Welch et al. and this is something that needs to be remedied.

Ceremonials is out in two weeks and I am so freaking hyped I can't even explain it
    [​IMG]

(I love how much she looks like Virginia Woolf (my favorite author) in the pics for the new album.)

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has seen this, but she played new songs live the other day and one has just been on repeat since I heard it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG7qyBfVVi4[/YOUTUBE]

Breathtaking.

2. Saw Florence + The Machine this summer and they were SO amazing live. Maybe even better than on the album Lungs, but hard to say.

Big fan, I am. :slight_smile:

3. TheRoof

I hope the album is as good as, if not better, than the Lungs.

4. Katelynn

I saw the performance back in June at Bonnaroo when it was treamed live on the internet. Pretty much almost the whole festival was that weekend. It was the first time I'd even heard of Florence + The Machine & the set they did was the best of the whole weekend, hands down. I was thrilled when I found that someone put the WHOLE GIG up on YouTube, song by song. Definitely worth watching!

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I...I've seen them perform 1 1/2 songs ong Good Morning America... :frowning2:
    I've been a huge fan for over a year now, I think, though...

Loving the new songs that have been released. :grin:

6. Raeil

OMG, how did I not notice this sooner?!?!?! I absolutely LOVE Flo, and cannot WAIT AT ALL for her next CD. I believe when I first heard Shake It Out, it ended up being listened to on repeat for 1.5 hours straight? Yeah, kind of obsessive, but it's such a GOOD song! Thanks for providing Spectrum, as I haven't heard it (and don't get to yet, as I only had 2 minutes to type this post before heading to class)!

Oh, and fun news from Facebook, Flo is filming another music video today, which means more awesome single-y goodness before the CD actually comes out!

7. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ceremonials has leaked, I'm currently resisting the urge to download it... although there would be not harm, as I have already paid for my pre-order... hmmm

:bang::bang::bang: get thee behind me Satan! I shall not be tempted

8. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

I didn't download it but.. I listened to it online. :frowning2:

I died from utter beauty.

9. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so much better than Lungs, it's just so HUGE sounding.

I'm loving 'Only if for a Night' and 'Spectrum' most of all but everything is good. I think it might be a just a tab too long, could have done with dropping 2 tracks, maybe 7 devils and something else, just to make the album more manageable as a whole record.

I can't wait for my physical copy to arrive, I want the liner notes and the 2nd CD of tracks.

10. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care that I'm double posting; I GOT LIVE TICKETS

11. Raeil

WOO! LIVE TICKETS ARE AWESOME!!!! I wish I had some, but that's not going to happen. :frowning2:

However, since my pre-order isn't going to get here until the 2nd or 3rd week of November, I'll be taking advantage of the leak... on the release date of the album (I have an odd sense of pirating morality...)

12. Fuseli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I absolutely love F+TM!!!! Partly because of Florence, partly because of the beautifully dark lyrics, and just the sound of it!! I really can't wait for Ceremonials!! One day I'd love to see her live. It was actually while I was listening to Shake It Out that I came out on Facebook chat, for some reason the chorus pushed me over the edge and made me do it!

13. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Florence!! Possibly my favorite band. Unfortunately I don't own Lungs, but I plan for some time in the future to have both of the albums. If I could see her live, that would be the most amazing thing! Every song just blows me away.

14. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I'm in love with this band like hardcore in love with them! I don't own lungs and I feel like kicking myself for not owning it and I can't wait till this comes out I'm going to get it and probably listen to it a thousand times. When does it come out?

15. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, I just got back from the show and it was literally the best thing EVER.

Front row standing leaning against the barrier. She looked right at me. Direct eye contact and a smile with pointing in my direction during Rabbit Heart. Front Row standing for the WIN.

Best show I've ever been to (and there have been a few) she's just so AMAZING. The only bad part was that me and my friend were stood next to these two guys who didn't crack a smile the whole time. They just stood. And Watched. And didn't move. And didn't sing. And frowned.

The show sold out, somebody who wanted to come to this couldn't because you wanted to stand and look miserable. Just saying.

Oh yeah! Cutest moment ever when Florence stood behind Isa and tried to distract her from her playing by kissing her on the cheek.

I could go on like this for ages; long short it was bloody magnificent. Anyone watched the live stream?

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2011 at 12:30 AM ----------

and they got Kid Harpoon to come and play never let me go with them as an encore.

16. TriBi

Gotta listen to this. Saw her her last year - amazing - best concert I'd seen for a very long time.

17. Harve

Is she still trying to recreate Kate Bush's Hounds of Love? I may take a listen.

18. Chandra

How did I miss this thread?? I love F+M and am super hyped about the new album. :icon_bigg

19. Bedroom Hymns

I'm a massive fan of Flo and the band. Florence is my favorite artist ever. I've been loving Ceremonials lately but I'm still not sure about how much I love it. I literally fell in love with Lungs so going from that to this is kinda 'hard', haha. I don't know which one I like better yet.

20. dreamcatcher

Ah I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! I love Florence! I'm completely addicted to the song Never let me go. Her voice is so magical!