1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rent

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by biisme, Dec 8, 2007.

1. biisme

who loves the play RENT?

2. SpikySpice

ME!:slight_smile: I love that play =], really nice music

3. biisme

guess what i'm listening to RIGHT NOW!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I haven't seen the play, but love the movie!

5. Zak

Zak

I LUV tht movie. and the songs. nIt is soo sad Angel dies of AIDS. I ryed when i first saw it. i still cry now.

6. SpikySpice

Omg i wish I could download all the songs from Limewire, my friend did, but I dont know teh title only Take Me Baby Or Leave Me

And yeah at teh part she died, my friends were crying , and when the part Angel and the man kissed, they were like ewwwww XD

7. step49x

I love it! My college's gay-straight forum watched the movie version last year, and I bought the soundtrack shortly after. :grin:

8. Jerr

The movie is really good.

My mom hated it when I tried to make her watch it. (By that I mean when I was in the hospital and I was choosing a movie to watch.......)

I have the soundtrack as well. The songs are all fantastic.

9. Grof142007

I only seen Clips of the Movie But i Love season of love only song i know by them

10. boy0boy

La Vie Boheme is the bomb!

I know just about all the songs! love it. So inspirational. Have you guys heard about the story of the director and the making of RENT? It's long but worth it if you check it out.

11. Urman

Urman Guest

I never got a chance to see it i want to thought

12. I am resurrecting an old thread to say that I love RENT!

So yeah. I've wanted to watch this movie for two years, and my mom said a firm no in sixth grade. Now she's like "oh, we'll watch it together" but we never do. I'm not allowed to watch it yet on my own- but guess what. I did. I don't care anymore. I've had the soundtrack for ages (she doesn't exactly know about that) and I had watched most of the songs on youtube when I just watched the whole thing. It was online, so the quality sucked, but still.

I love Mimi. I'm good at the Mimi songs, too, so maybe someday they'll do a revival on Broadway and I can get myself a role. I loved "Without You" when Mimi was going through withdrawl and Angel was dying... it made me cry so much. I was like "Come on Mimi! You can do it!"

I loved all the Life Support scenes too. All of the songs I used to not like ("Life Support," "Without You", "Will I", "Your Eyes", "What You Own") are now my favourites. But I think "La Vie Boheme" still wins.

Mark is so cute! I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that makes me love him. Like he's geeky, but really cute at the same time.

*sigh* I could go on and on. I sense an even larger obsession than I already had beginning...

13. davo-man

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this musical....And I mean I really love it :slight_smile: I prefer the original recordings of the songs to the movie, simply because the movie had to cut out so much of the original, including a couple of my favourite songs (Happy New Year A + B, You Okay Honey, Halloween, Christmas Bells, the start of the Finale and the end of Goodbye Love and all of the Voicemails/Tuneups), and I love RENT so much that I am able to sing it end to end, with pretty much all the words...I don't know if that's an achievement or sad that I've been listening to it so much that I can do that :slight_smile:

That said, the movie is very good, and I enjoyed it a lot! I really enjoyed the song Rent in the movie and Santa Fe was done awesomely

Also, I loved how they had nearly all of the original cast members in it, apart from Fredi Walker and Daphne Rubin-Vega, and while it was sad that they weren't in it, I thought Tracy Thoms and Rosario Dawson did a fantastic job, esp Rosario

14. RENThead

me - is it a little obvious by my user name..
    rent is my favourite musical - tho i have never seen it live - i have been in 2 productions of it - (one as chorus - one as Joanne :slight_smile: (that was also the first time i kissed a girl)

im in love with idina menzel - maureen, and seeing her and taye diggs together makes me squee a little inside.

i just put the dvd on now, havent watched it in a couple of weeks.
    daphne was pregnant when they were making the movie - and she couldnt really be a pregnant mimi.

15. Taye Diggs... causing a straight moment over here! His VOICE- it makes me all melty. :slight_smile:

I don't know who I would want to be more- Maureen or Mimi. Maureen would be fun 'cause of the whole Joanne thing, but I think I might like Mimi more... I don't know. Maureen used to be my favourite. Now I don't know. The only one I don't like is Benny (and yet I love Taye...). If I was a guy, I would want to be Angel. UGH why did Angel have to die?

16. Ronnie92

I love RENT so much. I love all the songs,the only problem is I kinda wanted Mimi to fall off during Out TOnight cause she just hanging off the fire escape Is there something wrong with me :slight_smile:

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Rent is amazing.
    Every time my friends and I hear the song "La Vie Boheme," we start dancing and singing loudly along :slight_smile:

My friends and I (with the exception of one lol) love, love, LOVE musicals!

18. musicgirl112233

I love that movie, I know all the songs from the musical but i havent seen it:frowning2:.

19. :roflmao: I kept thinking somebody would fall when they were dancing in the subway in "Santa Fe"

20. RENThead

if you like taye diggs, check out a guy called hadley frazier (english accent, sings classical. he was in the pirate queen :slight_smile: