1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last night's (Nov 4) Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mogget, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Mogget

Okay, I am pissed at the Big Bang Theory writers. They've been making Amy more and more sexual as the series has progressed, and it feels wrong. Amy with short bursts of sex drive was funny and entertaining, Amy with a strong desire for sex makes her just another woman, not a counterpart to and foil for Sheldon. Watching Sheldon cuddle was awful, it was a complete violation of his boundaries and was sick. I'm pretty sure Sheldon and Amy are going to end up having sex, which would frankly ruin Sheldon as a character.

I loved Amy when she was first introduced, and watching her character slide from being an awesome eccentric to sad outcast just doesn't sit well with me.

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would stop watching the show

and possibly write an angry letter to somebody.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is, incidentally, why I think series should be limited to four seasons. If you're writing a series for longer then that, you're forced to either shake things up, or starting to rehash older material.

Shaking things up can work in a drama show, but is usualy horrible in sitcoms, which thrive on the characters being stereotypes to some degree or other. And maybe BBT was even heavier on the stereotypes than most.

Aah well, if worst comes to worst, I'll cut off afer S4, imagine a perfect ending episode and forever loudly shout LALALAAAA if people suggest there were more seasons after that :wink: