1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Born This Way Foundation

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicMan12, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MusicMan12

2. J Snow

I think its a good thing. Its just hard to tell if she has genuine motivation to help or if she just does it to help her image. I like to think its the former, but you can't really be sure...

3. browneyedboy

why would she need to help her image, she is THE biggest pop superstar of today, her records are selling as well as ever.

She has got a massive platform that she can use to make a difference and she's utilizing it, good for her. It's not like she suddenly thought hey i want help stop bullying and empower the youth, she has been fighting for it since the beginning.

4. British Lad

British Lad Guest

She is relentless, if only governments felt and acted this quickly.

5. Muzic555

Muzic555 Guest

This is a great thing, people don't realize it, but she's helping a lot of people. I love Lady GaGa and Born This Way is my favourite song right now! (!)

#5 Muzic555, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's great. I went to a Lady Gaga concert and she really seemed genuine. She donates a certain amount of money each concert to homeless shelters for LGBT youth.

I love her. I liked her music before the concert but now I just think she is amazing. She makes people feel loved and makes being unique popular.

7. needshelp

this is what i think of her whole gay rights activism. i honestly don't think she's geniune about what she's doing.

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that whether she's being genuine or not, she's still helping our quest for LGBTQQIAA equality and ending bullying and descrimination of all kinds nonetheless by simply bringing the discussion up.

I don't like when people get on someone's case about not genuinely supporting a cause, although Paris Hilton wanting to make a pilgrimage to Africa was an exception...

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. The BTW Foundation is actually following me on Twitter XD
    and 2. No guys, just no, I mean sure you could be all "doing it for her image" but some of the videos she's even done, it's kinda proven she cares. Did any of you actually watch the DADT video she madE?
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG5VK2lquEc[/youtube]
    and this one:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SztT7HsCPw&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Yup sure seems fake huh >_>

10. MusicMan12

11. ZiggyStardust

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She seems to be actually interested in LGBT rights, so go Gaga! And I just hope this foundation sees the light of day and starts helping people :slight_smile:

12. MusicMan12

Anyone going to be watching the Launch event live this Wednesday? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

13. Allecto

I hope this is legit and not just a vanity charity. A lot of celebrities' charities seem to be vanity projects/tax dodges.

14. TruffleDude

Governments acting quickly is generally a bad idea. Social scientists (usually studying policy makers in this case) have found that when people make decisions that cause huge changes, said decisions are rarely made with a solid understanding of the consequences. Thus, slow and incremental change, which allows feedback is more likely to result in lasting change, with out the negative side-effects.