1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend (movie)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mr.Pushover, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Mr.Pushover

So I was on rotten tomatoes and I came across this film called Weekend. It had a 95% score on rotten tomatoes and I later read a synopsis and found out that it was based on a gay relationship! I was happy to see such a high score for another gay movie (since people tend to not like gay movies because of their recycled material). I have not seen this, but I would like to know if anyone has. Here's its rotten tomato page:

Weekend - Rotten Tomatoes

2. JudgeDredd

I haven't seen it, but it looks good. I'm gonna have to find it and watch it.

3. crazyhead

Damn. Not on netflix.
    The three rotten reviews for the movie didn't really seem to have anything worthwhile to complain about.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Def gotta find it.

5. djt820

I hope this isn't another indie film that will never get a proper fucking release.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]RUU_WzRBHX4[/YOUTUBE]

I gotta say, it looks like shit.

7. qboy

There was a feature on it in Novembers Attitude magazine - opened in UK cinemas last Friday apparently - a little bit on their website attitude.co.uk | DEMAND WEEKEND IN YOUR CINEMA (the whole Magazine seamed to manage to miss the fact it was set in Nottingham, I thought some of the screen grabs I've seen looked familiar - of course the only cinema it's on in the city is the small Indie one, neither of the two multiplexes have it)

8. Doctor Faustus

Well, Roger Ebert gave a good review of 3/4 (Weekend :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews). Plus, it premiered at the London Film Festival to other good reviews. I've really been meaning to check this out! Could be awesome! :thumbsup:

9. crazyhead

Great! It's on Netflix instant watch now. I'm definitely gonna watch it soon.

10. FJ Cruiser

Just based on a quick look at the synopsis and reviews, it seems like it's about a relationship that happens to be gay, not a gay relationship. It's just an aspect of the movie, not it's entire theme, which appeals to me. I'm interested in seeing it, but I don't know how I'd go about doing that exactly...

11. Bedroom Hymns

It doesn't look super amazing but definitely better than most gay-themed movies I hear about, which are usually too stereotyped or too corny.

12. Tristan Yap

Tristan Yap Guest

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I'm not sure if I can say that I like it, though.

I mean, it is an indie film and it's, I believe, supposed to be artsy in the "understated" sort of way, but I don't know. Netflix categorizes it under "understated" independent films, and it definitely is. A lot of people like it (I have three friends who do and, well, the people who've rated it quite high on IMDb and other sites), some don't and some are not really sure what to think of it.

I think I'm part of the third group. I really wanted to love it since I don't have a favorite movie that's about gay relationships and I'm on the hunt for one, but I don't know. I keep saying "I don't know".

It's not bad, though! I mean, well, I don't know. Hahahaha!

13. qboy

I have to say I agree with that - didn't draw us in too much which kept meaning I got distracted by the obvious mistakes in the plot (i.e. when they were on a tram heading north from a a tram stop north of the goose fair site and ended up at the goose fair!) which stand out a mile to anyone who knows the city - if I had been drawn in more I wouldn't have spotted them. It's weird seeing places you know on film when they aren't quite right!

Will probably watch it again though, and try not to get distracted again!

14. mAOz

I've never seen a film with a gay relationship as a feature of it, I doubt I will see it tho...

15. Beertruck

This movie is actually pretty fantastic. And now on Netflix! And yes, the trailer is shit - all British trailers are shit - but the movie is much better than that. Everyone should watch, especially if you like mumblecore.