1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by caughtbywitness, Nov 7, 2011.

1. caughtbywitness

Didn't see a thread around, but correct me if you locate one :slight_smile:

So, what sports do you do or are interested in?

I'll pretty much watch any sport, but, as you may have guessed; horse racing is my favourite by miles :slight_smile:

2. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

I love tennis...if anyone here love playing tennis, would love to meet for tennis fun. My level is around 3-3.5 (still need to improve my consistency).

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My two favorite sports are basketball and football, but I really like all sports. My major is actually electronic media sports production, so I've been learning about many different sports for my major.

4. lostinthought9

I like a few sports. Mostly racing and wrestling, and more recently, college football. I don't play any, but tennis was fun the few times I tried it; and I took a year of Ju-Jitsu back in high school.

5. Emberstone

I am fairly anti-sports, mainly because I just cant find the enjoyment in watching cars/people run in circle, teams tackling each other, and people chasing balls. That is not to say I think there is anything wrong with people disagreeing with me, becuase there isn't. I just dont see the fun in watching something, that to me at least, seems basically to be the same thing over and over again with little variation to mix it up.

however, I will admit that I have a thing for winter olympics, where apart of it becomes a combination of athleticisem and artistic creation. though I am not that big on figure skating, i love any event that form and movement are apart of the score, and not just speed and strength.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]oNEKxdW_J5I[/YOUTUBE]

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play tennis, and I love watching a few Olympic events. :slight_smile:
    Not too big on the "standards" of American football, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc., though.

8. Mimerio

I am not one for sports myself because I have a harsh fear of physical contact, but I do enjoy a bit of Bowling and Golf (Crazy Golf mind you) so that's my opinion on things.

9. JudgeDredd

That's me as well. I don't see the enjoyment of contact sports. My favorite sport is bowling although after I quit the team my freshman year of college I haven't done it much since. I would love to learn to golf at some point. I'm horrible at it right now.

10. steel03

I mostly hate sports as an industry, but I really like watching hockey, soccer, and of course the Olympics. Tennis and baseball can be fun as well.

11. Eric

Hockey and baseball for me. :grin:

12. KnightAssassin

Kung fu, judo, and other hand to hand sports like MA , soccer, rugby a lil still learning it all though lol , and a few sports I will play occasionally with friends

13. vyvance

Back in high-school I played American football, tennis, basketball, pole-vaulting and high-jump in track, taekwondo (outside of school) , and soccer/football outside of school (unfortunately highschool didn't have a soccer/football team). Was a busy man.:sleep:

Not as much now that I'm in college. Still Taekwondo and now Aikido as well. Since my brother plays basketball for the college, I usually go practice that and lift weights with him too. Tennis too. Love me some tennis.

#13 vyvance, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  14. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phew - I'm not the only one. :slight_smile: I love sports, especially baseball but also hockey and (american) football.

And no, I don't watch the games just to oggle the players - well, maybe a little bit with football, but that's all. :lol:

15. FJ Cruiser

I'm hardly a sports nut, but I enjoy quite a few of them. I don't really keep up with the big three American sports aside from college football. I love watching and playing tennis, and my main sport has been rock climbing lately. Anything that's under the nebulous "action sports" category is of interest to me as well (though a major injury while snowboarding keeps me from ever doing it again).

16. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Football is the only sport I'm really interested in. I suck at playing, but I love to watch it.

17. Gallatin

I love nearly all sports, and have a favorite team (or player, when it comes to individual sports) for nearly all of them. Soccer is my favorite, but football and basketball are close seconds.

18. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I will watch anything but Aussie Rules and Cycling are my two passions.

19. Vesper

I'm not into sports in general, but I have taken tennis lessons with a pro coach and "lessons" in soccer and track from my sporty parents. I watch tennis on occasion since my mom is borderline obsessed with it, but I enjoy watching 100m sprints the most, since they are over in about ten seconds and are thrilling to watch. I'll watch sports such as skateboarding, BMX, ski-jumping, platform diving, fencing, and martial arts if I run across them while channel-surfing, or while a multi-sport event like the Olympics or the X-Games are on.

20. kellymporta

I love watching football (soccer), basketball, formula 1, and sometimes I like watching tennis.

As for sports I've practiced, I like playing bowling, squash, and golf. I wish I was good playing football, but I usually end up doing some pretty nasty tackles.