1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MommaFrog, Nov 13, 2011.

1. MommaFrog

Anyone else watching it? I LOOOOOOVE it! Definitely addicted!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is a good show, I've missed an episode so I need to catch up on it.

3. Katelynn

This is such a great show!!! And the girl who plays Snow White is really cute, at least I think. It really is interesting how they sort of moved the characters from the fairy tale world into the real world & gave them similar parallel roles. I especially like how Jiminy Cricket & Ruplestiltskin have been moved over, but the whole Snow White/Prince Charming thing was pretty neat too!

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Best fucking show. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MommaFrog

Yayy other OUAT fans!!!!

Ok, so I have been wondering who Graham (The cop) is... My theory is the Sheriff of Nottingham...

Ruby is obviously Little Red Riding Hood...

I Loved the way they portrayed Cinderella last night!

6. Katelynn

Yes! Cinderella was pretty neat last nite, but I thought it was kinda neat who Grumpy was sort of in the episode too for like a half-second. Ruby = OMFG!!! Can anyone else say hawt!?! I was pretty glued to the TV whenever she had some screen time, but it does beg the questions, what about the big, bad wolf & the three little pigs? I am wondering how & when they'll show up...

7. MommaFrog

Good point... hmm..... and Ruby is hoooooot

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'm totally in love with this show, just completely 100% in love. The whole fairy tale aspect just brings back the love, and some of the things just make me cry, make me fall on the edge of my seat; I mean the clock tower at the end of the premiere starting to work again? Prince Charming grabbing Snow's hand in the real world as she read. It just made me go OMFG! I can't wait for next episode. With Desperate Housewives ending this year, I was like NOOOOOO cause first Brothers & Sisters ended last year and now Housewives, I just was like MY SUNDAY NIGHTS! (I've been watching both since they premiered, Housewives back in 2004 when I was in Grade 11, and B & S when I was in my final year of high school. Now 7 years later and both my have Sunday night shows have/are ending, I was like now what. And then Once Upon a Time started and I just became happy again :grin: (I couldn't really get into Pan Am past the first episode plus its on same time as OUAT)

9. MommaFrog

Never watched Pan Am, honestly, it think its a tad sexist....

So, thoughts on things happening in OUAT?

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's my thought, does the Queen know? I just mean, in the start of last night's episode when the voiceover is happening, the guy said only one knows the truth and only one can save them all. So does the Queen actually know she is the Queen?

11. MommaFrog

I think she does. Just based on her actions. Either her or "Mr. Gold" aka Rumpelstiltskin knows

12. Jonathan

I have been wondering that for soooo long ^

At first I thought that she doesn't know because I thought Rumpelstiltskin said that the Queen wouldn't remember anything either after the curse. But then, like you said, yesterday they hinted that she did in teh voice-over opening...so I'm not so sure anymore.

I think that Rumpelstiltskin knows though.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh quite right, and I have a feeling he knows Emma is the saviour. It's funny too though off and on throughout the series I've kept wondering whether or not the people in the village truly are the fairy tale characters, cursed. Cause sometimes I'm like, no it couldn't be possible, but then things happens such as Charming grabbing Snow's hand, that make me think, no it must be real and true. Anyone else sometime feel this way too?

#13 Revan, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  14. MommaFrog

If this was like a J.J.Abrams the twist would be that it's all in the kids head bc the kid is in a coma or something like that. BUT I think there really is a curse...

I am totally into the idea of Mr.Gold (Rumpelstiltskin) knowing what the dealio is tho one reason he got Emma to owe him a favor maybe? and the "please" thing with the Mayor / Queen....

Did anyone else notice Maleficent is Pam from True Blood?

15. Katelynn

No, but I'm so glad you said something! OMG that is sooo awesome!

16. MommaFrog

Your welcome. I saw her and was like "Why do I know her... WHY do i KNOW her???? OMG PAM!" and looked it up! Sure enough, it was her!

17. UnAmourFatal

Started watching it yesterday, didn't even know bc it existed :grin: Then I saw this thread...:slight_smile:
    I liked it, although the special effects, well...but I guess since it's a series, they just don't have time to make kick-ass effects, and the plot is more important, so.. :slight_smile:
    Im watching ep 2 tonight. Maybe 3 too, I'll see how much time I'll have :slight_smile:

18. MommaFrog

New episode tomorrow

19. Porphyrogenitus

I watched the first four episodes... not sure whether or not I like it yet. It's enjoyable enough to just watch, I guess, but the writing has so far been unexceptional. And some of the actors (Prince Charming/John Doe and Regina/Witch, most notably) have been pretty bad considering their pivotal roles. On the other hand, Robert Carlyle is as excellent as always, and the main character, Snow White and the kid are all quite good. The last of which is unusual, since young kids in TV shows almost always piss me off.

20. Colton

I haven't had the tim to watch it, but I heard it was really good!!