1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another Big Bang Theory post from Liam

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mogget, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Mogget

After tonight's episode, I'm not sure I can continue watching the show. Amy is developing a sexuality, okay, I don't like it, but I can deal with that, but

Sheldon asking Amy to be his girlfriend? No. Not acceptable. It's getting clearer and clearer that the writers are going to have Sheldon lose his virginity, and that's just wrong. On so many levels.

Has BBT jumped the shark? I think it may have. I hate to say it, but I suspect that there will only be four, at best four and a quarter, worthwhile seasons of BBT.

2. Jessica816

I loved this show, then I watched the last few new episodes and I'm just not sure about it...Sheldon and Amy are "Boyfriend and girlfriend" now that's just kinda strange for me..Loved the show when it first started now I'm starring to wonder if its worth watching anymore..Kinda sad :frowning2:

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have laughed once, ever at that show, and it was when sheldon was describing how ridiculous the concept of gift giving was. Besides that, i can hardly be in the room when it's on!

However.... One funny moment means it's worth it =D

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am sooooo glad I dumped this sh*tfest when I did. I couldn't stand Amy, so I decided to stop watching when the writers pushed her in our faces. She is sooo annoying and too over the top, and isn't even funny. Yes, the others are over the top too, but at least they're funny. And how Amy talks about sex and orgasms every 5 minutes is creeping me out. Not funny, not cute, but embarrassing and awkward and cringeworthy. Yes, the others talk about sex too, but not to this degree, and they also talk about OTHER THINGS besides sex. Amy is just sex, orgasms, blah blah.. puke!

I am sooo glad I left this train wreck when I did. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I haven't watched since last year when I read Amy would be a part of the cast. I want to remember TBBT at its best, and I will never forget seasons 1-3. TBBT after season 3 doesn't exist for me.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's gone downhill so much this season. Sheldon and Penny were the best characters and they're turning him into a 'real person' and her into a boring alcoholic and it just sucks.

6. Veronica

It's simple really, and not at all surprising, they're running out of ideas. It is still watchable.

7. anatta

The character of Amy has become a lot more fleshed out and interesting since she's been given a larger role. She's not just another Sheldon anymore.

I don't mind Sheldon and Amy so far, they've handled it quite believably I think, from my perspective as an asexual with a romantic side. It is quite possible to be jealous and possessive when a special friend might get a sexual partner despite not being sexually attracted to them yourself, because asexuals often (though not always!) develop some level of understanding as to what sex can represent to sexuals.

8. Mogget

I can't see Sheldon as being anything other than aromantic, being asexual just isn't enough.

9. Aielar

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that Amy and Sheldon get together, but I'm willing to stick around, watch it when I can, and decide from there. As far as I'm concerned, it's certainly bearable.

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am soooo glad I left the show when I did. What a pathetic train wreck this has become. Pairing Sheldon with Amy is the lowest of low. Whatever. The show is dead to me.

11. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I haven't been watching season five but I have loved the show until then and I see no reason to stop watching.

12. anatta

If romantic means wanting to hold hands, feed your partner and gaze soppily into their eyes then I agree with you. However Sheldon even specified the situations in which hand-holding will be tolerated in his Relationship Agreement, so he is not really changing that much and is still not interested in a typical romance at all. :lol:

I'm still finding I relate very strongly to Sheldon, in fact maybe that's why I like what they're doing, because my extreme confusion around what my feelings mean and how I'm comfortable acting on them is not something I've seen played out on screen before.

To this day all I know is that I get feelings for people that are different than the strong feelings I have for others, but that whatever they are they aren't the kind that make people comfortable with heightened physical intimacy, because they don't for me.

13. KaotikPrincess

I own seasons 1-4. I love this show and always will, it's amazing how much Sheldon changed throughout the seasons and I can't wait to see more :slight_smile:

14. DJT

DJT Guest

I completely LOVE this show! and i love Amy Farrah Fowler. she's a girl sheldon, and has really funny lines. Also this might just be me but, i'm picking up a strong vibe that Amy has a thing for Penny!! LGBT character in The Big Bang Theory? me thinks so! JK Lol Anyways. great show love it!! :grin:

15. Mogget

Oh yes, Amy's bi. Last season she had the hots for Pria in a big way. And Raj and Howard have so much subtext that it's hard not to draw conclusions.

16. anatta

Yeah I think Raj is supposed to be closeted bi to some extent. Possibly closeted gay, but him just pretending to like girls this whole time as well would be a bit too heavy for the show, and it wouldn't make sense that he can't speak to women.

Howard seems to have a slight thing for Raj too but probably more romantic and void of a sexual element that would let anything happen.

I found out recently that there are Leonard-Sheldon shippers. Never would have anticipated that, can't imagine them together at all.

#16 anatta, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  17. dreamcatcher

It never really hit me that Amy was bi until people here started mentioning it. I guess I just assumed she was super horny and lonely and never really attributed anything else to it. As for Howard and Raj, there's always been a serious bromance going on there. I don't think there is any significance to it, I just think Chuck Lorre uses their bromance as comedy and not necessarily to indicate that Raj is a closeted gay/bisexual.

I personally like Sheldon with Amy. He's evolving as a character. As much as I like Sheldon the way he is, I don't think his personality has changed substantially. I think they did a good job in showing the buildup of his relationship with Amy. As long as Sheldon remains asexual, I am still on board with the show.

18. Mogget

I really doubt the writers are well-educated on queer issues enough to have the idea of a romantic asexual. Sheldon's gonna have sex :frowning2:

19. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So glad I left the show when I did (!) :thumbsup:

20. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I actually really like the show :grin: ..... Oh and apparently the actor that plays Sheldon (forgot his name) is gay